Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SconnieSamsung
Reel Rookie

Roku Ultra Remote will not turn off my Samsung Frame TV

I'm trying to control my Samsung Frame TV- (The TV that has an artwork setting looking like an electronic framed picture).   I have paired the remote countless times.   I have checked remote preferences and gone through 20 different pairing options.   I have hard rebooted the Roku and the remote by taking batteries out and re-pairing.    I have unlinked the Roku and re-linked it back to my Roku account.    I have put alternative (other room) Roku Ultra devices with this TV.    Nothing is allowing me to turn off the TV with the Roku remote....    I can turn on, and can adjust the volume with the TV, but I can't turn off the TV.    I need to understand how to turn the TV off, without using the Samsung remote. 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Ultra Remote will not turn off my Samsung Frame TV

If you keep reprogramming the roku remote for the tv and keep stopping at the first positive result, you're going to get the same result no off power. Skip the first positive result by clicking NO the music didn't mute, and see what subsequent codes will do. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
SconnieSamsung
Reel Rookie

Thank you.    As I stated in my post.  I have tried that.   I have tried that up to 20 skips or saying no.    I have tried 20 different sequences of saying no.  Saving it and then trying to turn off the TV.   It does not work

0 Kudos
Bobschaub

I have the same problem with my Frame tv and Roku remote.

I have been able to use an older Roku remote and use the Roku power off app in the main menu successfully.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Bobschaub

Thanks for the post.

Perhaps @Tivoburkee can provide some insight on this issue as he's our resident Community remote Expert.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bm4

@Tivoburkee, any solution to this? My Roku remote will only switch off roku but will leave the Frame TV in Art mode. I will have to use the Samsung remote to completely turn off the TV. However, I can use the roku remote to turn ON both the roku and Frame TV....both connected Onkyo AV.

0 Kudos