Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sunshine43
Level 7

Roku Ultra Remote will not respond after power outage.

Jump to solution

After a utility power outage, my Roku Ultra remote will not respond.  I have gone through the motions of new batteries, unplugging Roku, but the remote will not respond to pair. I am now using my old Roku 3 remote and it works fine, so the problem has to be in the Ultra remote, which is only a few months old.  Any ideas will be appreciated.  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sunshine43
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra Remote will not respond after power outage.

Jump to solution

Thank you, Danny, for replying.  I got my Ultra remote working again by using an older remote and going through my Roku Settings menu.  I was immediately able to pair (again) my Ultra.  Simple solution... Was  just frustrated by too many long power and internet outages from hurricanes and tropical storms.  Thank you.  Happy again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Sunshine43 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support pages here:
How do I set up my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?
How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, have you tried performing a factory reset on your Roku device to see if you are able to setup and pair your remote?

For more information about how to perform a factory reset on your Roku device, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Sunshine43
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you, Danny, for replying.  I got my Ultra remote working again by using an older remote and going through my Roku Settings menu.  I was immediately able to pair (again) my Ultra.  Simple solution... Was  just frustrated by too many long power and internet outages from hurricanes and tropical storms.  Thank you.  Happy again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos