Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Roku Ultra Remote Voice Search Not Working in United States

Jump to solution

I just purchased a Roku Ultra from Best Buy. The voice search function is inoperable. When I press and hold the voice button, there is no response. Instead, the button moves the "cursor" to  "Streaming channels". I understand that others have had similar issues, but that is because they live in a region that does not support voice controls, while I live in the United States (North Carolina). My mother-in-law is in the same condo complex and her Roku Ultra remote works fine.  My old Roku remote with voice search works fine. I have re-paired the Ultra remote several times with no change. Is there a solution? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Roku Ultra Remote Voice Search Not Working in United States

Jump to solution

I restarted my Roku, and it fixed the problem.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Voice control does not respond and just brings me to streaming channels

Jump to solution

Whenever I press the voice control button all it does is bring me down to the streaming channels tab. I also am not able to to search for channels by typing the name in. Im only able to search for channels by looking for them on the streaming channels tab.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I just received mine, I have the same issue?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Voice control does not respond and just brings me to streaming channels

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yep! Someone else is too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Just got my Roku Ultra from Best Buy (in the United States) and I live in New York City, and I'm having the exact same problem! C'mon Roku, get this straightened out, please. I need to know soon if I should return this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. Looking for a fix.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Exact same problem with a brand new Streaming Stick +. No search option and voice search button takes selection highlight to "Streaming Channels" on home screen like others are reporting. Multiple soft and hard resets with no luck. Made three factory resets... still nothing. Linked problem device after each reset from three different ISP's all in the southeastern USA. No VPN, all local IP's. My other Streaming Stick + on my account that I added not even a week ago works just fine. Out of options. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Same problem here in Orlando. New Stick+. No vpn. First Roku and I’m pretty sad. Tried factory reset, pairing, two routers. No good.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Did you buy this at Best Buy, or elsewhere?

0 Kudos