Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fhebert
Level 7

Roku Ultra Remote Problems

I have 4 Roku devices, 2 model 4's and 2 ultras, all purchased at different times.

Both of the Ultras have a very annoying problem with the remote, I think, it may be the Ultra.

The problem is that when browsing, for example on Amazon Videos, or Netflix, it will suddenly jump to Hulu. I am very careful and am 100% sure I am not hitting the "Hulu" button.  It always seems to happen when pressing the right directional button.

I have never had this happen on either of the 4's, but both Ultras do it even though they were purchased months apart.

Other that that I am very happy with all of them.  In fact I just purchased another Ultra for my daughter as an early Christmas present.

I saw a few other posts about the remote going crazy and wondering it there was a bad batch of remotes?

Is this a known thing?

What are my options?

A complaint about the website:  I wanted to add a link to a device.  Started typing Ultra and got 3 options each with different "series" number.  I have no idea which to pick so I opened another browser window and went to my account.  It list all my devices with there serial numbers but no "series".  How are you supposed to know?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 15

Re: Roku Ultra Remote Problems

As to how to find the model, it can be found in the Settings menu under About. The Ultra has been available for several years and now has four different model numbers. I hate that Roku continues to use the same name with new players, but they don't listen to me.

If you have an optical out jack on your Ultra, you have the 4640. If you don't, then it's a newer model, either the 4660 or 4661. The 4670 was just released recently, so I doubt you have that one. The 4660 and 4661 are identical except the 4661 came with higher quality ear buds. That's all. Smiley Very Happy

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos