Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zadoth
Level 8

Roku Ultra Remote Batteries?

Jump to solution

Hi, quick question...

What is the life span of a Roku Ultra remote batteries?....

I brought my Roku during the Black Friday sale this past year 2020, the original Duracell lasted a few weeks before I had to replace them & the second lasted only 2 weeks, which was yesterday....I'm now on a 3rd set of batteries...

No, I haven't used the private listening feature at all but I would with my Roku 3 & the batteries lasted way more then two weeks.

Is the short lifespan for the remote for Roku Ultra normal? Any advice would be appreciated...

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Ultra Remote Batteries?

Jump to solution

@Zadoth 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
35 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Zadoth 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Iona-D
Level 13

Jump to solution

I own a 2018 Roku Ultra purchased new.  This device does go through it's batteries a bit faster than the Roku Stick Plus's one that I own/use as well.  Thought not quite so fast as yours.  

Perhaps you so enjoy using your product does tend to eat up the batteries!  Or it could be a number of reasons.  Whatever the case may be, do enjoy your new device.  I hope with RokuDanny's help!

0 Kudos
Jnash
Level 7

Jump to solution

How do you sent a private message PM

Vbbbtk
Level 7

Jump to solution

My remote is also draining batteries crazy fast but couldn’t figure out how to pm as other post requested.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

0 Kudos
Zadoth
Level 8

Jump to solution

Is your Roku under warranty?...Mine is & they're sending me a new remote. If it is email Danny he helped me out, if your Roku is not under warranty, I'll still give it a try. 

0 Kudos
Zadoth
Level 8

Jump to solution

Just click on Danny's name it will link you to his profile & there on top is the option to send a PM. 👍🏼

EB3
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same thing happens to my remote on my streaming stick every two weeks two new battery's

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about how to send a PM, visit our Community post here: Welcome to the Community

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Edy96r
Level 7

Jump to solution

hi rokudanny-r 

I'm having problems with my ultra Lt remote batteries draining two days using private listing and voice 

how contact you to send you information on my remote.

Eddy

0 Kudos