Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Desert_Hiker
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra - Point Anywhere Remote - is unreliable in issuing/following commands

My remote is certainly paired - it shows in the system/remotes/about menu as paired.

0 Kudos
Desert_Hiker
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra - Point Anywhere Remote - is unreliable in issuing/following commands

Yes, I think that I get the technical wording WiFi is RF.  I just made the silly assumption that when Roku referenced WiFi remote that it was using my private WiFi network as logged in - despite the fact that I'm actually using ethernet.

Desert Hiker

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

It might be paired, and therefore appear in the remotes setting menu, but that doesn't mean it's actually connected. If you go into the remote settings, it has a battery indicator. If that shows a level of charge, then the remote should actually be connected to the Roku. 

No problem on the remote function misunderstanding. Many people have thought that, because it's something that might seem logical. However, for the remote to connect to you're wireless network it would have to have some method of entering your WiFi password. And that would imply that the Roku itself is already connected to the network, which is impossible for players like the Stick, since they don't support IR and there's no other way to control the Stick. Smiley Very Happy

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos