Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lnxpro
Visitor

Re: Roku Ultra: No way to power off my TV?

Jump to solution
Same with my panasonic tv. the enhanced remote can power it on but not off. volume works just fine. i went through all the codes and none of them are able to control the power off. only power on and volume keys.

I did find it odd that this started happening after the december 4th update. my enhanced remote used to power the panasonic tv off just fine.
lnxpro
Visitor

Re: Roku enhanced remote controls TV volume but not power

Jump to solution
Same with my panasonic tv. the enhanced remote can power it on but not off. volume works just fine. i went through all the codes and none of them are able to control the power off. only power on and volume keys.

I did find it odd that this started happening after the december 4th update. my enhanced remote used to power the panasonic tv off just fine.
0 Kudos
hackztor
Roku Guru

Jump to solution
They do let you turn the tv off its called you have to buy a new remote with the tv button...I waited and waited for a feature like hold down home but finally gave in.
0 Kudos
lnxpro
Visitor

Jump to solution
"hackztor" wrote:
They do let you turn the tv off its called you have to buy a new remote with the tv button...I waited and waited for a feature like hold down home but finally gave in.

that is the remote i am talking about. the one with the tv button. doesn't work to turn off the tv after the last update (mine was December 4).
0 Kudos
wildsprite
Roku Guru

Jump to solution
when you program this remote do you point the remote directly at the TV? another user has this issue but found out through trial and error that if he pointed at the TV while programming the remote it worked but if he didn't have it pointed at the TV it would instead use HDMI-CEC which wont power off the TV
0 Kudos
ptwilli1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
Just setup a new Ultra through my Pioneer AVR to my Panasonic Plasma TV could not get the Pioneer AVR to power off (would power on but not power off). The only thing that worked for me (after googling and reading all the foums, etc) was to attach the Roku directly to the HDMI ARC input (usually HDMI 1) on the Panasonic TV and then try different codes (in my case it was the second Panasonic code that did the trick). I then plugged the Roku back into the Pioneer AVR and now both the Panasonic TV and Pioneer AVR turn on and off with the power button. The plugging and re-plugging trial and error is a pain and it may not work for everyone, but it's worth a try. 
PS This Assumes your TV and AVR have CEC capability to communicate with each other.   
0 Kudos
Bonsler
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution
Roku+ remote was working perfectly turning on and off  my Panasonic TV until the beginning of December. Apparently, Roku did an update and now the remote will not turn off the TV. It turns the TV on, changes stations and the volume works but it will not turn off my Panasonic TV. Roku sent me a new remote but it still won't turn off the TV. We have 3 other Roku sticks in the house and they all function properly but they are not on Panasonic TVs. It has to be something with the Panasonic TV. If someone has found the answer, please let me know.
0 Kudos
Bogman41
Visitor

Jump to solution

I found after passing by the first 4 options that made the music disappear (in my case 45th in total tries for the automatic attempts) both power on and off worked for my Panasonic Plasma TV.

The first 2 codes did power on, the next 2 did power off and the last did both! Pain, but just keep trying.

[content edited for language]

Viewer00
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution
Bless you Bogman41. You saved me untold time, I also have a Panasonic Plasma - 45th choice, you have the patience of a saint!
0 Kudos
Bonsler
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution
Thanks for the reply. I was so hopeful that 45 times would work but no luck! I tried it twice and even went up to 46 x the third time without success. Any other suggestions out there? 
0 Kudos