Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Ultra Lite Weird Remote Issue

I have a Ultra Lite.  The remote works but sometimes the Roku remove will stop working and the odd thing is that it also effects the remote to the TV so we are unable to tune the TV off too.  The only solution I could come up with is to turn the power off and back on at the power strip.  Once this is done, both remotes work.  I am assuming that this issue has something to do with the Roku remove and pressing some combination of buttons causing a lockout on both the Roku Ultra Lite and the TV.  Any help would be nice as I would like to know what is causing this issue.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku Ultra Lite Weird Remote Issue

Is the roku or something else in front of the TV IR sensor, perhaps a sound bar?

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra Lite Weird Remote Issue

nothing is in front of the roku.  the issue happened to me once and I figured that it had something to do with accidentally touching the side tv controlling buttons with a combo with the top facing buttons on the roku remote.  this issue happens to my wife frequently.  what is strange is how it locks out both the roku remove and the tv's remote.  

0 Kudos