Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dgcom
Level 7

Roku Ultra Enhanced remote - LED blinks all the time

Jump to solution

Hello!

I have Roku Ultra HD/4K/HDR (2018 MY) version 4660X for a bit over one year.

The player itself works fine, but remote drains batteries a bit too fast to my liking (couple of month for a pair of AA Duracels).

Yesterday, remote stopped working again, but after installing fresh batteries, it still does not pair - the green LED next to pair button starts blinking right after inserting batteries.

I tried:

• Other fresh batteries and rechargables
  • Follow troubleshooting guide to re-pair remote
  • Turning off WiFi

Nothing helps. Player works fine using Android app as remote, I also tried re-pairing remote via menu, but it just can't find it - perhaps because remote never goes in pairing mode.

Is there any way to reset the remote? I saw an advice to press and hold A/B/Pair buttons for some time, but that did not work on my remote.

Remote model: RC-AL4

Any help will be appreciated.

P.S. I searched for solutions, but usually see request for PM for further troubleshooting in similar cases...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Ultra Enhanced remote - LED blinks all the time

Jump to solution

@dgcom 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@dgcom 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

karma1357
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem as described above. How do I PM you the information for my unit?

0 Kudos
RichIceBreaker
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi, am a person like messing with thing. I found out if you do a factory reset of the player the remote and player works. But only IR not point anywhere. The other thing since i notice, in settings remotes and go to voice remote, about, the model number is different then what the remote says. But if you doing any of the thing in article it does not work. If i do power off both then power on the player then the remote the pairing screen goes up then goes away with the remote still blinking. If i use the app to pair it the other way. It goes to searching then pairing then says no remotes found. Sad thing i only had this for 3 months now and now this. Brand new too.

0 Kudos
RichIceBreaker
Level 7

Jump to solution

So you know how to pm them its click on @***** that is where you can pm them

0 Kudos
RichIceBreaker
Level 7

Jump to solution

I did find a fix. Like for messing around Smiley Happy

If you do the article like the one where you power off the device and take out the battery. If you let it sit it does it a few times. But i found out it tried to pair but fails where the remote light stop blinking. But the remote does not work for the player or tv. Then do the same thing as before and bam it works. It did for me. As i have tried everything  Ill make a video about this later on my youtube channel RichIceBreaker. This might help everyone.

0 Kudos