Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eric5676
Level 7

Roku Ultra: Disable motion sensor in remote?

Ideally I'd like to disable anything to conserve battery power and keep things as simple as I can for my mother.   I'd like to disable any voice/mic features as well.   I want to simplify and streamline, and conserve as much as possible.  

She does use earbuds quite a bit so we're realistic about this with the battery usage.     Any "excessive fat" that I can trim I'd like to if possible. Smiley Wink 

She's had some other issues show up on her previous Roku Ultra's remote that  I thought were suspect and went well past the "normal for her" battery consumption rate so I'd like to see if I can reduce the chances of repeat problems.       Thanks all. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: Roku Ultra: Disable motion sensor in remote?

Does she have a smartphone? If so, get rid of the fancy ultra remote, get a regular infrared roku remote, and install the Roku app on her phone. She can use private listening on the phone, with earphones.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Eric5676
Level 7

Re: Roku Ultra: Disable motion sensor in remote?

"jeffrok" wrote:
Does she have a smartphone? If so, get rid of the fancy ultra remote, get a regular infrared roku remote, and install the Roku app on her phone. She can use private listening on the phone, with earphones.

No smartphone but in about a month she's going to have a few changes in her setup that will allow me to expand her wireless headphone concept.  Once I can get her earbuds off that Roku remote... you already answered the next question I might have asked:  I'll put her on that standard infared one and take those wild cards off the table.   Good deal. Smiley Happy 
0 Kudos