Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RunningLean
Level 8

Roku Ultra (4670W) Remote would Go home

Jump to solution

Sometimes when I use my remote it would send me to the Roku Home screen. This happens when I press an arrow key or back or the OK button. I've noticed this happening in channels like Youtube, PlutoTv, Roku Channel, and just going through the roku menus. It would make a sound like I pressed the home button.

I contacted live chat and they had me check for an update (there were no updates) and then restart the roku. Also to pair the remote to the device again. Im also noticing that sometimes the roku takes a couple of seconds to recognize the input of the remote.

My roku issue doesnt always  happen, but when it does it would happen for a few minutes. When I encounter the issue with the channels going to the Home, I would restart the roku but would still encounter it.

Any help would be helpful.thanks

Roku Ultra - 4670 RW
9.4.0  Build 4190-46
WIFI 5G
MicroSD - not installed

Roku Enhanced Voice Remote
Model RC412
Firmware 2.01.19.108
battery level: 99%

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RunningLean
Level 8

Re: Roku Ultra (4670W) Remote would Go home

Jump to solution

Thanks RokuDanny-R. I didn't have time to update my post. I've received a reply from the Roku support this morning that they are shipping me a new remote.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@RunningLean 

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
RunningLean
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks RokuDanny-R. I didn't have time to update my post. I've received a reply from the Roku support this morning that they are shipping me a new remote.

View solution in original post