Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WRBreland
Level 7

Roku Ultra 2019 (4670R) IR sensor location

Can anyone tell me where the Roku Ultra 2019 (4670R) IR sensor is located. Searched this and other forums but have not found a definitive answer. Some say it is located in the front middle and others say it is mounted on the front left side.

Tried looking with a bright light but can not see anything.

3 REPLIES 3\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Ultra 2019 (4670R) IR sensor location

https://community.roku.com/t5/Remotes-Accessories/Roku-Ultra-with-URC-MX-780-Remote/td-p/490410

Since nothing else on the outside of the two models changed I can't see why the IR sensor would change either.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
WRBreland
Level 7

I took a red light and shined on the front of the Roku Ultra (4670R). I could see two apertures, one in the middle and one on the left side under the Roku logo. The one in the middle appeared to have a IR receiver so I placed a stick-on IR blaster over it. It seems to work fine with my URC MX-980 remote via a MRF-260 connected to a Xantech 791-44 IR connecting block.

CWH0806
Level 7

Can Roku please tell us where the sensor on the Ruku 4670 Ultra is located?

0 Kudos