Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Ultra 2019 (4670R) IR sensor location

Can anyone tell me where the Roku Ultra 2019 (4670R) IR sensor is located. Searched this and other forums but have not found a definitive answer. Some say it is located in the front middle and others say it is mounted on the front left side.

Tried looking with a bright light but can not see anything.

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku Ultra 2019 (4670R) IR sensor location

https://community.roku.com/t5/Remotes-Accessories/Roku-Ultra-with-URC-MX-780-Remote/td-p/490410

Since nothing else on the outside of the two models changed I can't see why the IR sensor would change either.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I took a red light and shined on the front of the Roku Ultra (4670R). I could see two apertures, one in the middle and one on the left side under the Roku logo. The one in the middle appeared to have a IR receiver so I placed a stick-on IR blaster over it. It seems to work fine with my URC MX-980 remote via a MRF-260 connected to a Xantech 791-44 IR connecting block.

Highlighted
Level 7

Can Roku please tell us where the sensor on the Ruku 4670 Ultra is located?

0 Kudos