Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mathelm
Level 7

Roku Ultra 2017 Remote Control and Avera TV

Anyone had any luck getting the volume and power buttons to work with an Avera TV?  The setup even has "Avera Digital" listed, and 2 different codes to chose from (001 & 002 I think).
Would be nice if we could enter standard remote codes to try and find something that worked.  But Roku being online should mean that every possible code in the universe should be available to it.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: Roku Ultra 2017 Remote Control and Avera TV

"mathelm" wrote:
Anyone had any luck getting the volume and power buttons to work with an Avera TV?  The setup even has "Avera Digital" listed, and 2 different codes to chose from (001 & 002 I think).

Would be nice if we could enter standard remote codes to try and find something that worked.  But Roku being online should mean that every possible code in the universe should be available to it.

None of which match what Avera shows on their own Website. http://averadigital.com/index.php?route ... ation_id=8

Not disputing what you are reporting, but asking for clarification: are you saying that Roku only offered two possibilities in total before saying that it may not be compatible?
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
mathelm
Level 7

The "001 & 002" weren't actual remote codes I don't think.  It may have been TV01 & TV02, I'd have to run back through the process to know for sure.  But I think it was just trying 2 different codes for "Avera Digital", which I'm not even sure is the correct name for the manufacture, as it just says "Avera" on all the TV's documentation.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 10

According to that link it responds UEI code in a Comcast remote of 10030. That's very old code set used by Goldstar, LG, and many others. Give the codes under those brands a try.
0 Kudos
mathelm
Level 7

How exactly do you try any codes?  As I stated in my op, it would be nice to have the ability to manually enter codes..
0 Kudos
hackztor
Level 7

All roku has to do is make it like the sideclick does where you hold a combination button down, then select the button you want to program (power) and then use another remote to teach that button what to do.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 10

"mathelm" wrote:
How exactly do you try any codes?  As I stated in my op, it would be nice to have the ability to manually enter codes..

You don't enter a code, when initially programming remote for your tv, the on-screen menu has enter tv brand, this is where you would enter Goldstar or LG instead of Avera.
0 Kudos
mathelm
Level 7

True, I actually searched for a brand name cross reference with no luck.  But I guess the whole point of "codes" is to not have overlap between brands.
0 Kudos
mathelm
Level 7

SUCCESS!...  Well partially anyway.  Just for a lark I tried the "Adventura" listing, and on the 2nd TV code the music stopped (muted).  The volume key still has no effect, but the power key works
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 10

Keep trying 'til you find the right one that will give you volume. When programming, its best to have roku in line of sight to remote, or closer, to each other. Just during programming. 
0 Kudos