Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bri2020
Level 7

Roku TV and Vizio soundbar

Jump to solution

Hi there,

I recently received a Vizio soundbar 36” 2.1 and was wondering if this can still come to my 65” Roku smart TV?

If so, is there a way to pair the soundbar remote with my current Roku TV remote? 

thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: Roku TV and Vizio soundbar

Jump to solution

The only way the roku remote would control the vizio soundbar is via hdmi-cec. The roku controls the tv volume, and tv controls the vizio be sending signals over the hdmi cable. If you do not have an hdmi cable between the tv and soundbar, then forget it no volume control, sorry. In that case you would need a universal remote that controls roku tv's and soundbars. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: Roku TV and Vizio soundbar

Jump to solution

The only way the roku remote would control the vizio soundbar is via hdmi-cec. The roku controls the tv volume, and tv controls the vizio be sending signals over the hdmi cable. If you do not have an hdmi cable between the tv and soundbar, then forget it no volume control, sorry. In that case you would need a universal remote that controls roku tv's and soundbars. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos