Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Streaming + batteries do not last 24 hrs

My remote for my roku streaming stick + drains batteries in less than 24hrs.

I've gone through 6 sets in the space of a week.

It never used to do this but has recently started and it has become unusable as I shouldnt have to keep on replacing batteries

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Roku Streaming + batteries do not last 24 hrs

If your usage hasn't changed, then it sounds like it could be defective. I believe it has a one year warranty, so I would contact Roku support (this forum is not Roku support). In the meantime you could use an app on a phone or tablet to control your Stick. 

One other possibility is if you're using the headphone jack in the remote. If so, leaving the headphones connected when not in use will drain the batteries in a day or so. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Streaming + batteries do not last 24 hrs

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll have a member of our Support team to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos