Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SoManySevens
Channel Surfer

Roku Streaming Stick Remote Keeps Un-Pairing from Device

I have a Roku streaming stick, model 3800X, remote is RC339. Over the last few days, the remote keeps un-pairing with the device for no obvious reason. The batteries are fresh and connection seems good. But to get things working again I have to unplug my Roku, take out the batteries and then set everything up like new every hour or so. This has also started happening to another Roku setup in my house. Any help would be appreciated.

45 REPLIES 45
shoff

Re: Roku Streaming Stick Remote Keeps Un-Pairing from Device

We have had ours up and running since March and it was working well.  As of today, it will not stay connected to the internet, including dropping the connection to the remote.  We have done as much troubleshooting as we can find online or via the forum, and still no luck.  Hoping to get in touch with customer support, but I don't know how to find anyone.  Any help would be appreciated.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@shoff @SoManySevens 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look a the troubleshooting steps on our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Muruha

My Roku remote keep impairing even after doing all the tips suggested.my remote s/n:3226000122-03

Model RC51

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Muruha 

Thanks for the post.

Can you provide us more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? How are you powering the device? Is the device plugged into a the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

The Rc51 remote is one of the models that we know pairs with 3500 purple roku stick. And I think its UK roku remote. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Pkumar
Reel Rookie

I started to have a similar problem since yesterday (had been working for over year). I tried the to fully disconnect the streaming stick and then connect back. The remote will work for 10-15 min and then would stop working again. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Pkumar 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pkumar
Reel Rookie

The Roku Streaming stick is model is 3810X and remote may be RC-AL7. The remote control is able to control the TV power on/off and volume. The piece that does not work is any of the roku function

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Pkumar 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos