Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OldKyTuba

Re: Roku Streaming Stick+ Remote Batteries Draining Fast

I have this issue as well with the remote draining the batteries.  I received a replacement as per the warranty, but the problem persists.  The latest set of fresh batteries lasted 10 days, prior to that it was 8 weeks.  How do I receive a refund?

Model: RC691

Firmware version:rtn.4168

Serial: 213132488302

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@OldKyTuba

Thanks for the post and providing me with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Aniket
Channel Surfer

Hi @RokuDanny-R,

I am using a second replaced Roku remote issued by you (Support request: #5645546).

The batteries for this replaced remote too are draining fast. Just within 2 months my batteries drained and had to be replaced. All three remotes had the same issue of rapid battery drain. 

What's wrong with these Roku Streaming Stick+ Remotes? 

Model: 3810X - Roku Streaming Stick+
Serial Number: YH0082389907

Thanks & Regards,

Aniket

0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

I got a new Streaming Stick 4K. In one day the battery level drained to 91% and I only used it for a few hours. I couldn't believe it when I checked the battery level, this is utter nonsense!

These remotes are absolutely flawed and it will cost you a fortune to constantly have to buy batteries to replace the ones being sucked dry fast by these Roku voice remotes!

The Roku IR remotes work fine, the batteries will last up to a year, but unfortunately you can't use those remotes on the Streaming Sticks because there is no line of site from the remote to where the Stick is plugged in behind the TV. I'm thinking of returning my Streaming Stick 4K (which otherwise is fast and great) because of this flawed remote sucking batteries dry.

These complaints go back years for these voice remotes, the team that designed them should be fired, they need to design completely new voice remotes that function properly. Where your batteries will last as long as the IR remote batteries do, several months and not several days!

The support on this issue is beyond a joke because not only are there no fixes but Roku keeps making new players with these same flawed remotes in the packaging. Is this ever going to change?

They'll tell you to unpair and repair the remote, change the batteries, factory reset, but none of that fixes the battery drain issue. Then they ask for your serial number so they can send you a replacement remote, nothing works and the new replacement remote you get in the mail is exactly the same as the problem one you got with your Roku and it will drain your batteries just as fast. I know because I've gotten replacement remotes from Roku in the past and read other complaints confirming the same thing.

Roku needs to completely redesign these remotes, new hardware, whatever it takes and then test them exhaustively before releasing to make sure your batteries actually last as long as they are supposed to! I've even read topics here where the rechargeable voice remotes drain too fast and then won't charge when you plug them in. Talk about remote failures across the board!

This really is unbelievable and completely unacceptable! If Roku cared about customer support and satisfaction they would look into it immediately instead of continuing to produce the same flawed remote designs.

Aniket
Channel Surfer

Hello @RokuMary-F@RokuDanny-R@RokuKariza-D 

I am using a second replaced Roku remote issued by you (Support request: #5645546).

The batteries for this replaced remote too are draining fast. Just within 2 months my batteries drained and had to be replaced. All three remotes had the same issue of rapid battery drain. 

What's wrong with these Roku Streaming Stick+ Remotes? 

Model: 3810X - Roku Streaming Stick+
Serial Number: YH0082389907

Thanks & Regards,

Aniket

Emissary35
Roku Guru

The remotes are flawed, mine is draining very fast too and I just got the stick a week ago and the battery level has gone down almost 50% in that time. It's absolutely ridiculous. Roku needs to design and create brand new voice remotes because this current design has bad hardware that sucks the batteries dry way too quickly.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Aniket,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We'll have a member of our Support team reach out to you via email, they will continue assisting you from there and provide a resolution to this issue.

If you need any additional help and we’ll follow up to continue assisting you.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
JoeDeb23
Channel Surfer

It doesn’t work, I tried everything, when you do a system restart because Roku doesn’t allow you to move your streaming services with them you have to go on each app on its own or they’ll charge you, even though you already have one of the services. So after you do that, you’re gonna have to go back in and reset all of your passwords and sign in. I tried everything twice. Still nothing works. My batteries go in 2 to 7 days. Either buy the cheaper version of Roku or go to the Amazon stick. You don’t have that issue sadly, because I really like Roku.

JoeDeb23
Channel Surfer

I sent in everything, the stick was bought for me but I didn’t cut the Xfinity cord, I have now for 3 Roku, as I said in other post they ask me and had me do everything and after an hour they said oh your remote isn’t covered, nothing we can do, go buy the $30 plug in remote. Not an answer

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @JoeDeb23 

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

It looks like you were in recent contact with our Support team. We would recommend continuing to work with them to resolve the issue you are experiencing as they would best be able to assist you moving forward.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos