Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
6500in6th
Level 7

Roku Streaming Stick Plus Headphone shuts off tv sound

Jump to solution

Our first streaming device and are very disappointed. As old folk, we need the headphones on the remote as well as the tv speakers on at the same time but when we plug in the remote headphones, the tv speakers go off. How do we get both on at the same time?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Level 21

Re: Roku Streaming Stick Plus Headphone shuts off tv sound

Jump to solution

I don't believe it can be done anymore.  There used to be a series of button presses that could be used, but it appears that was removed from the latest update for some reason.  Why this isn't a setting, as with much of what Roku does, is anyone's guess.  Hopefully the "cheat code" method was removed because they're going to make it a setting, but who knows?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Jump to solution

I don't believe it can be done anymore.  There used to be a series of button presses that could be used, but it appears that was removed from the latest update for some reason.  Why this isn't a setting, as with much of what Roku does, is anyone's guess.  Hopefully the "cheat code" method was removed because they're going to make it a setting, but who knows?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
jfurman72
Level 7

Jump to solution

That is awful. I used that feature, every day. I am hard of hearing, and have to use headphones, so ROKU will no longer be good for me. I enjoyed being able to watch TV with the family. Bye bye ROKU.

0 Kudos
jfurman72
Level 7

Jump to solution

Premiere does the same thing. Shame on Roku

0 Kudos