Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Streaming Stick+ HE (3811X) constant noice using 3.5 mm jack

Today I have bought Roku Streaming Stick+ Headphone Edition (model 3811X) in BestBuy.

It has remote control model RC-AL8 included and I confirm it does work with Roku 3810 just like it works with 3811, both 3.5 mm jack and mute button are working. Also remote control RC-AL8 is little thicker and it uses 2xAA batteries instead of 2xAAA.

When headphones are connected to 3.5 mm jack, I can hear constant noise. But when I connect the same headphones to iPhone and use Roku app, there is no noise at all.

I have tried different batteries and different headphones, noice is the same and it is always there.

Can anyone confirm that you also hear low level noice with Roku remote control, but not using app?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Streaming Stick+ HE (3811X) constant noice using 3.5 mm jack

Returned it to the BestBuy. If you can find RC-AL8 remote to buy, it will work just the same way with any Roku Streaming Stick+, so you don't have to buy special edition with headphone jack.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Did we exchange remotes before returning the roku? Smiley Happy Don't answer that. Smiley Happy

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Lol, it is not something I would imagine to do. I had no chance to try out other roku replacement since I was in USA only few days. Once I publish this post, it was marked as spam by mods (maybe they didn't want other customers to know about that noice issue?). I contacted support and they told me to send email, so week later it was unmarked as spam, but it was too late for me. So I returned this roku and happy that I bought Fire TV Stick 4K, AirPods Pro working via bluetooth with no noice!

0 Kudos