Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pete993
Reel Rookie

Roku Streaming Stick+ Disconnects from WiFi and Remote

Jump to solution

I've been trying to solve an issue with my Roku Streaming Stick+ (Model 3810X with voice remote) for a few weeks now. For some reason, after the Roku has been left alone for a few hours, the remote stops working. None of the buttons do anything, except for the power and volume buttons, which still control the TV. By turning off the screensaver, I've confirmed that the Roku isn't connected to WiFi anymore either, so I can't control it using my phone. I've seen similar issues of a Roku disconnecting from the network, but I haven't seen an indication that the remote should stop working entirely too. If I power cycle the Roku, the problem goes away, but only until I leave it alone for a few hours again. I've tried replacing the batteries on the remote, repairing the remote, and factory resetting the Roku. Does anyone have any ideas, or should I start an RMA?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Streaming Stick+ Disconnects from WiFi and Remote

Jump to solution

Hey @pete993

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

Since Roku Streaming Stick+ can be connected directly to an HDMI port on your TV, wireless interference from the HDMI connector may impact the performance of your remote. We would recommend moving it away from the HDMI connector on your TV by installing a free extension cable

Make sure that when entering the serial number, you will input zeros instead of the letter O. Your serial number can be found at the back of the stick or from the Roku website under My linked devices

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @pete993

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

Since Roku Streaming Stick+ can be connected directly to an HDMI port on your TV, wireless interference from the HDMI connector may impact the performance of your remote. We would recommend moving it away from the HDMI connector on your TV by installing a free extension cable

Make sure that when entering the serial number, you will input zeros instead of the letter O. Your serial number can be found at the back of the stick or from the Roku website under My linked devices

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
lwellman

Jump to solution

I have tried to submit my name and address and serial number in the form but when I hit continue, nothing happens.  I would like the free extender as the buttons on the remote stop working everyday (except for the power and volume buttons) and I get tired of unplugging and plugging it back in. How do I get my information to you so I can get the free extender?  I have tried both on my computer and on my phone and the continue button does not work.

Thanks, Lori

pete993
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The extender fixed my issue. Thank you for the suggestion.

0 Kudos