Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GhostDragon
Channel Surfer

Roku Streaming Stick 3600x remote not pairing

I have a Roku Streaming Stick 3600x for which we lost the remote. The stick was reset to factory settings. I bought a new Roku Voice Remote (RC399 - firmware run.4104) but I cannot pair it to the stick. When the stick starts up, it prompts me to pair the remote. I hold down the button on the remote, it shows the pairing animation for a few seconds as if it recognizes the remote, but then it just doesn’t work. 

I saw some older forums about having to update the remote firmware and have confirmed from a Roku TV that it’s on the latest version.

As I can’t access anything on the Roku stick, I’m not sure what version the software is on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! (@RokuDanny-R - you’re my only hope!)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Streaming Stick 3600x remote not pairing

I don't have a list of the Remote model numbers, so I can't confirm you have the one that should work with your remote. User @Tivoburkee may have that knowledge, though.

Anyway, the remote you're probably looking for is the one entitled Voice Remote https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/streaming-stick

It's $20 and can be found at Walmart, Best Buy, etc. That might be the one you have. But, if not, that's the one you should be trying.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

GhostDragon
Channel Surfer

Hey @DBDukes - that is indeed the remote I have. It says it’s compatible with the 3600 but not specifically the 3600x so not sure if it’s compatible or not.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

The letter at the end just reflects the distribution chain through which it was sold.  All remotes with the same number are the same.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
GhostDragon
Channel Surfer

Makes sense @makaiguy - so that tells me that this remote should work with this stick but I just cannot get it to pair. 

0 Kudos
tannerf
Reel Rookie

I have the exact same problem. I am wondering if you ever figured it out. 

I have a Streaming Stick 3600 and I'm trying to pair it with the RC399 (Voice Remote). The pairing screen appears then nothing, as if it recognizes the remote but won't pair with it. 

I've tried power cycling, new batteries, different power sources, different HDMI ports, etc.

0 Kudos
GhostDragon
Channel Surfer

Hey @tannerf - no, I never did figure it out either Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
tannerf
Reel Rookie

Blast. This is unfortunate. Roku says they're sending me another remote. I really don't think that's the issue but we'll see.

How did you end up resolving it? New TV? New Roku? New remote?

0 Kudos
GhostDragon
Channel Surfer

Hey @tannerf - I never did resolve it. I was just trying to get the old stick up and running but never got anywhere. We don’t use it anymore but unfortunate I couldn’t get this to work as it would be nice to take it on trips and whatnot.

0 Kudos
bk9bk9
Reel Rookie

A new voice remote will not work with a 3600 streaming stick unless the stick is updated to the latest software....and there's no way to do that without the old remote.  The stick will pair to the voice remote, but the buttons don't work.  My solution:  I borrowed a neighbors old-style remote, paired it to the stick, and used that remote to connect to the network and update the software on the stick.  Then I paired the new voice remote to the stick and it worked properly.  Then I gave my neighbor her remote back, but I had to pair it back to her stick.  Easy, lol.  

0 Kudos