Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
just_kevin
Level 7

Roku Stick Remote - No Light

Topic is self-explanatory.  I have a 3600R Roku Stick, and the remote stopped working.  I figured it was dead batteries, so I replaced them, and it still doesn't work. I replaced them yet again, and still nothing.  I've used two brand new sets of batteries and there is no light activity of any kind on the remote when I press and hold the pairing button.  I've done it from my normal viewing spot, I've done it right next to the stick when it's powered on and on the home screen I've done it while it's on the pairing screen.  Nothing.  Nothing at all.

All I can find online are the normal pairing instructions.  I haven't found anything useful for "no lights".  Any ideas?  Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
jeffrok
Level 12

Re: Roku Stick Remote - No Light

If the light isn't turning on, make sure you have the batteries in the right way.. if you do, and the batteries are definitely new, you probably have a dead remote.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
just_kevin
Level 7

Yes, the batteries are in the right way.  And yes, I even put the brand new batteries on a tester to make sure that I didn't somehow buy duds from two different brands at two different stores.  Batteries test fine.

I was hoping that maybe someone else had encountered this and had found a solution (I'm not above taking apart the remote, but I haven't really seen any good info on that anywhere).  I'm not spending $20 for a replacement remote for a $30 device; if this really is dead, I'm switching to a Fire Stick.  This short of a life span for something that only ever moves about a foot and a half?  Pathetic.  
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

"just kevin" wrote:
Yes, the batteries are in the right way.  And yes, I even put the brand new batteries on a tester to make sure that I didn't somehow buy duds from two different brands at two different stores.  Batteries test fine.

I was hoping that maybe someone else had encountered this and had found a solution (I'm not above taking apart the remote, but I haven't really seen any good info on that anywhere).  I'm not spending $20 for a replacement remote for a $30 device; if this really is dead, I'm switching to a Fire Stick.  This short of a life span for something that only ever moves about a foot and a half?  Pathetic.  

We know you got at least 14 months use out of the Roku, if not more, as the 3600 was discontinued in October 2017. Perhaps you'll get even longer service from your new Fire Stick.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
just_kevin
Level 7

I certainly expect to.  TV is seven years old; remote works fine for that.  Stereo is even older; remote still works fine for that.  Scratching my head trying to figure out how a remote that's less than two years old just completely stops working.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

"just kevin" wrote:
I certainly expect to.  TV is seven years old; remote works fine for that.  Stereo is even older; remote still works fine for that.  Scratching my head trying to figure out how a remote that's less than two years old just completely stops working.

Sometimes stuff happens. I have a Roku device that is from 2012 that still works. True, I don't use it much any more, but when I do, it just works.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 12

"just kevin" wrote:

Just bad luck.. I've owned my Roku 3 since 2013 and my Roku 2 since 2015 and both are going strong.. sometimes cheaper electronics (understand $100) just die.. that's why they're so inexpensive and why they only offer a 1 year warranty.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos