Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joelday

Roku Standard IR Remote - RC68 vs Roku Standard IR Remote - RC143

Jump to solution

I am looking to replace the remote for my Streaming Stick and I'm seeing two different IR remotes, the RC68 and the RC143.  What's the difference between the two, and do either of them have the Power Button?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Standard IR Remote - RC68 vs Roku Standard IR Remote - RC143

Jump to solution

If you truly have Roku stick, one with hdmi connector attached, you can't use either of those remotes because roku stick only use Wifi remotes. Sticks don't have IR sensor to receive IR commands. Only roku IR remotes with power keys are Roku tv IR remotes which are completely useless on any stand alone Roku even if they did accept IR commands, they use different IR commands then Roku tv's.

Only wifi remotes have tv controls, many current roku's that come with IR only remotes can still be paired to a wifi roku remote and have IR control of non-roku tv's. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Standard IR Remote - RC68 vs Roku Standard IR Remote - RC143

Jump to solution

If you truly have Roku stick, one with hdmi connector attached, you can't use either of those remotes because roku stick only use Wifi remotes. Sticks don't have IR sensor to receive IR commands. Only roku IR remotes with power keys are Roku tv IR remotes which are completely useless on any stand alone Roku even if they did accept IR commands, they use different IR commands then Roku tv's.

Only wifi remotes have tv controls, many current roku's that come with IR only remotes can still be paired to a wifi roku remote and have IR control of non-roku tv's. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.