Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ronman189
Channel Surfer

Roku Sound bar sounds like **bleep**!

Jump to solution

I just installed the new Roku sound bar I purchased and was immediately disappointed.  I've  had a sound bar before, but the main unit wouldn't connect to the woofer, so I quit using it.  Too bad, because it sounded 1000% better than this Roku.  I have it hooked up to my LG TV with a HDMI and an optical cable.  The real  problem is the sound quality.  Everything sounds like it is being broadcast from a bottom of a barrel.  Very hollow sounding.  I've tried to combine it with the sound of my TV, like I did with my last set up, but there is definitely a lag.  I tried to go into setting on the Roku, but couldn't find any combination that actually improved the sound.  I turn the sound bar down to nothing (I assume, as there is no indication from the Roku as to what level the sound is), and use my TV's sound, and it is so much better.  I already had a Roku Ultra hooked to this TV, which worked wonderfully, but I thought I would try and improve the sound.  This was NOT the case with the Roku Sound Bar.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Sound bar sounds like **bleep**!

Jump to solution

@Ronman189 wrote:

No.  I did with my last sound bar at times.  It just kind of "filled out" the sound.  My TV and the Roku sound bar are so out of sync, they video and the audio don't match and the sound coming from the Roku Sound Bar sounds like it is coming out of a bucket.

Sounds like you got a bad device. My Streambar -- I don't have the Sound Bar, but they are similar -- sounds great.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
DBDukes

Jump to solution

Are you using BOTH the sound from your TV and the Streambar? At the same time?

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Ronman189
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

No.  I did with my last sound bar at times.  It just kind of "filled out" the sound.  My TV and the Roku sound bar are so out of sync, they video and the audio don't match and the sound coming from the Roku Sound Bar sounds like it is coming out of a bucket.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Ronman189 wrote:

Sounds like you got a bad device. My Streambar -- I don't have the Sound Bar, but they are similar -- sounds great.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
Ronman189
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am in the process of returning it.  Not sure if I will replace it with another Roku Sound Bar.  Kind of a frustrating experience.

0 Kudos