Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
palaciosan
Channel Surfer

Roku SE Remote Pairing Issue

Jump to solution

I've tried pairing many different remotes with the Roku SE which is model 2710X and none of them seem to pair with it.

I have several remotes but I think I found the original remote that it came with because they both have a purple cloth Roku tab on them.

I tried to resetting the Roku and that didn't do anything. I can access the Roku through the app. I have four different remotes so I've synced with other Roku devices and they seem to be working fine but they will not sync with this one.

I'm trying to figure out if this model Roku maybe doesn't support wireless and only supports IR remotes. I don't think that's the case considering the remote that I believe goes to it does not appear to be an IR remote.

I've gone through all the remote pairing documentation that I could find on the Roku website and none of it helped.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku SE Remote Pairing Issue

Jump to solution

Roku SE most definitely came with IR remote. And if you don't see remote & devices option in the settings it can only be controlled via IR remote. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku SE Remote Pairing Issue

Jump to solution

Roku SE most definitely came with IR remote. And if you don't see remote & devices option in the settings it can only be controlled via IR remote. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos