Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku Reset no Remote

Jump to solution

Ok I have a Roku streaming stick that is sposed to have. Point Anywhere remote...it does not. I did a factory reset and am now looking at the 'pair your remote' screen but I have no Remote to pair. How do the original remote and stick pair if they are not connected to the network. There has to be a way to configure an app to work with the pairing system. Though the sn # is probably programed to the remote...their simply HAS to be a way. The world and our products are simply too smart to let something this tiny be unfixable. C'mon do we have to turn this into a challenge? LOL

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Reset no Remote

Jump to solution

@laserboy58 

Thanks for the note.

We would first recommend taking a look a the troubleshooting steps to pair your remote on our Support page here: How do I set up my Roku enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

If you need a replacement remote for your Roku Streaming Stick (3600/3800/3810/3811), you can pick up one here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/streaming-stick

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@lulumaye 

Thanks for the inquiry.

The Roku Streaming Stick is supposed to include a remote. If you purchased the device through our Product store or through a retailer, we would recommend exchanging the item.

Please be aware that the Roku mobile app will not work with the Roku Streaming Stick unless you have already connected the device to your wireless network (which you will need to use the remote) as both will need to be on the same network.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have similar issue. Streaming stick asking to pair remote but my remote doesn't work. So the question is what is the correct replacement remote to purchase ?  My stick has a reset button and SN but not other indicators as to model.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@laserboy58 

Thanks for the note.

We would first recommend taking a look a the troubleshooting steps to pair your remote on our Support page here: How do I set up my Roku enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

If you need a replacement remote for your Roku Streaming Stick (3600/3800/3810/3811), you can pick up one here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/streaming-stick

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Our Roku Stick was giving us problems, showing a low battery although it isn't used often (only used during school breaks) and is usually plugged in.  After shutting down the tv/device for a couple of hours, we are usually able to use it again...again, even though it's been plugged in the whole time.  Two days ago I tried to reset it hoping that might resolve the problem.  Now we are without a remote (as I have purchased 2 for this device already since purchasing it about three years ago) however have been using the Roku app for the control/remote.  Since resetting the device, it stops at the remote pairing screen.  There are no remotes in the area stores, we tried calling the customer service line.  I read your post about sending you an email with the device serial number, but am having a hard time locating your email address.  Please help.  Please and Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Sassy1922 

Thanks for the inquiry.

You will be unable to connect to your wireless network without a remote. The Roku mobile app will not work as a remote at this point since it needs to be on the same wireless network as your device.

What Roku model is your device? Once we have this information, we can recommend you a replacement remote for your device.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am unsure of the model as I have had it for 3 years.  The Serial number is 5S4640046653.  Are you not able to tell me my Roku IP address given the serial number?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

YOUR ROKU HAS NO IP ADDRESS UNTIL IT IS CONNECTED TO YOUR NETWORK!  Get a remote!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Sassy1922 

Thanks for the note.

You will need a remote to connect your device to the wireless network.

If you need a replacement remote for your Roku Streaming Stick 3600, you can order a Voice Remote on our Products page here: Streaming Stick® Accessories

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is bull**bleep**. Y’all are a scam. Dude said he bought 3 remotes and they’re all trash now? How bout you figure out a solution to these trashy remotes. Stop wasting humanity’s time and money on garbage product and just make something that works. I was told to reset the device only to find out I can not connect. Y’all literally forced me into having to buy a **bleep**in remote. 

0 Kudos