Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KaayKaay
Level 8

Roku Remote

Jump to solution

Ok so, I was trying to connect my iPhone Roku account to my Tv by resetting my Tv factory resetting my Roku. Then I realized that I made a mistake because I usually work my Roku using my phone because my Roku stick is broken. I realized that I can’t sign in or nothing because I don’t have a remote. I don’t know what to do.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Level 21

Re: Roku Remote

Jump to solution

If you factory reset your Roku you will need a remote; sorry.  If it's anything other than one of the sticks any universal remote that supports Roku will work.  If it's a stick, you need a Roku remote and if it's a purple stick you are entirely out of luck as they no longer make the remote.

View solution in original post

renojim
Level 21

Jump to solution

No, I'm talking about a Roku stick that is purple.  If you have a little box then you don't have a stick.  Post the model number of your Roku and someone will be able to tell you what Roku remote you need, but if it's a little box and not a stick (sticks plug directly into a TV without a cable and are about the size of a USB flash drive) then you can just get a universal remote.

4 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Jump to solution

If you factory reset your Roku you will need a remote; sorry.  If it's anything other than one of the sticks any universal remote that supports Roku will work.  If it's a stick, you need a Roku remote and if it's a purple stick you are entirely out of luck as they no longer make the remote.

KaayKaay
Level 8

Jump to solution

Are you talking about the remote with the purple OK button ?

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Jump to solution

No, I'm talking about a Roku stick that is purple.  If you have a little box then you don't have a stick.  Post the model number of your Roku and someone will be able to tell you what Roku remote you need, but if it's a little box and not a stick (sticks plug directly into a TV without a cable and are about the size of a USB flash drive) then you can just get a universal remote.

KaayKaay
Level 8

Jump to solution

Ok, I don’t have that then I just need a new remote. Thanks 

0 Kudos