Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KaayKaay
Level 8

Roku Remote

Jump to solution

Ok so, I was trying to connect my iPhone Roku account to my Tv by resetting my Tv factory resetting my Roku. Then I realized that I made a mistake because I usually work my Roku using my phone because my Roku stick is broken. I realized that I can’t sign in or nothing because I don’t have a remote. I don’t know what to do.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Remote

Jump to solution

If you factory reset your Roku you will need a remote; sorry.  If it's anything other than one of the sticks any universal remote that supports Roku will work.  If it's a stick, you need a Roku remote and if it's a purple stick you are entirely out of luck as they no longer make the remote.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

renojim

Jump to solution

No, I'm talking about a Roku stick that is purple.  If you have a little box then you don't have a stick.  Post the model number of your Roku and someone will be able to tell you what Roku remote you need, but if it's a little box and not a stick (sticks plug directly into a TV without a cable and are about the size of a USB flash drive) then you can just get a universal remote.

4 REPLIES 4\
renojim

Jump to solution

If you factory reset your Roku you will need a remote; sorry.  If it's anything other than one of the sticks any universal remote that supports Roku will work.  If it's a stick, you need a Roku remote and if it's a purple stick you are entirely out of luck as they no longer make the remote.

KaayKaay
Level 8

Jump to solution

Are you talking about the remote with the purple OK button ?

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

No, I'm talking about a Roku stick that is purple.  If you have a little box then you don't have a stick.  Post the model number of your Roku and someone will be able to tell you what Roku remote you need, but if it's a little box and not a stick (sticks plug directly into a TV without a cable and are about the size of a USB flash drive) then you can just get a universal remote.

KaayKaay
Level 8

Jump to solution

Ok, I don’t have that then I just need a new remote. Thanks 

0 Kudos