Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrAngelus
Level 7

Roku Remote suggestions

My Roku Ultra remote is having issues example being  sometimes I hit pause and it takes 20 seconds to actually pause or sometimes it wont pause at all. The batters are fine brand new as a matter of fact

I am considering a Logitech harmony there just massively expensive I mean I only have two devices really Television and Roku Ultra so the harmony would be way overkill  and as far as I can tell only the most expensive model works with WiFi .. like the Roku remote does

Does anyone have any suggestions 

Roku Ultra, 4660X : Serial : YJ00EM709512 Ethernet connected
Roku 3, 4200X, : Serial : 1GS3A2128326, Ethernet connected
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: Roku Remote suggestions

"MrAngelus" wrote:
My Roku Ultra remote is having issues example being  sometimes I hit pause and it takes 20 seconds to actually pause or sometimes it wont pause at all. The batters are fine brand new as a matter of fact

I am considering a Logitech harmony there just massively expensive I mean I only have two devices really Television and Roku Ultra so the harmony would be way overkill  and as far as I can tell only the most expensive model works with WiFi .. like the Roku remote does

Does anyone have any suggestions 

Keep in mind that *all* Roku boxes — but not Sticks — also work with IR. If you have line of sight to your Ultra, you can use a cheap universal remote with your Roku.

I’d still try to resolve the delayed response issue, but an IR remote will get you going while you run that down.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
xackley
Level 7

have you considered the android app. It works well with my Express and include private listening and keyboard.
Don
0 Kudos
MrAngelus
Level 7

Yes I have and am still considering an android tablet  just trying to figure out the best option... the Logitech harmony looks nice just way to much money
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

The $5 IR remote from Walmart or Family Dollar is still a cheap way to find out if it’s the device or something about the remote. 
DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
MrAngelus
Level 7

Your right.. I'm pretty sure it's the remote though  just got to figure out if I wanna go go the cheap IR remote direction  or just buy a new Roku remote... the last Roku remote I  bought off Amazon was supposed to be compatible but it turns out it was not which was just annoying..  I just have to decide before my wife throws the remote through the wall
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"MrAngelus" wrote:
Your right.. I'm pretty sure it's the remote though  just got to figure out if I wanna go go the cheap IR remote direction  or just buy a new Roku remote... the last Roku remote I  bought off Amazon was supposed to be compatible but it turns out it was not which was just annoying..  I just have to decide before my wife throws the remote through the wall

That’s why I suggested going to a store. You can see the actual device and see the list of supported devices on the package.
DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 10

If your Ultra roku remote has power key, then its IR as well for roku commands, but it has to be unpaired from ultra for the IR commands to show up. You test this by unplugging ultra, press a key on the roku remote while looking through camera on your cell phone. You'll see flashes with each button press, plug the ultra in, the flashes go away.
0 Kudos