Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emilycrawford17
Level 7

Roku Remote stopped functioning besides power and volume buttons

Only the power and volume buttons on my Roku remote are working. We can turn on the TV, however, we are unable to navigate to any apps.  We have three total Roku devices and this remote below is the only one with issues

SKU 3226000674

Model # RC-EL1

FC ID - TC2-R1028

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Remote stopped functioning besides power and volume buttons

So re-pair the remote to the roku. Unplug the power for a bit from the roku, re-plug it in and after it stops bouncing press and hold the pairing button in the battery compartment for 3 seconds and release. Let it communicate with roku, it is alright if the light goes out don't touch a thing until you get a big DONE on screen. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Zaher
Level 7

I am having the same issue on both my TVs with the stick. Yes it works to unplug the power and plugging back in but this happens all the time on both TVs which are of different models and years. Even got a WiFi extender but did not resolve the issue 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Zaher

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos