Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Malon015
Level 7

Roku Remote "Fast Forward" button Rewinds

My Roku remote (Model GR-14) is acting weird.   When I press thje "fast forward" button on my Roku remote to control my 3100X 2XS, it "rewinds".  When I press the "Rewind" button, it also rewinds.    Roku 2XS software is up to date.  I don't know what to do next. 
0 Kudos
4 Replies
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: Roku Remote "Fast Forward" button Rewinds

Try downloading the Roku app and using the remote from that.. does it do the same thing?

Does this happen with just one channel or all?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Malon015
Level 7

Very interesting.   I'd never tried the Roku app on my iphone.  It works perfect!  Thanks so much.   Would you expect there is a problem in the remotes circuitry?    I ask in case I decide to upgrade my Roku and sell this XS.  
0 Kudos
twiceover
Level 10

"Malon015" wrote:
Very interesting.   I'd never tried the Roku app on my iphone.  It works perfect!  Thanks so much.   Would you expect there is a problem in the remotes circuitry?    I ask in case I decide to upgrade my Roku and sell this XS.  

You'd be lucky to get anything out of an XS at this point, certainly not enough to cover shipping.  I just threw two of them away.  I could dig around and see if I kept the remote, I'd be willing to mail it to you if I have one.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 11

I agree, just upgrade from the 2XS..

At the very minimum, buy a model from 2015 or newer. The used Roku 3 is the oldest I'd go now, if I was to upgrade.. The Express is so affordable and so much faster than the Roku 2XS, it just makes sense. You lose the gaming controller, but if you don't play games, it's no big deal.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos