Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kroblan
Level 7

Roku Remote no longer allowing Sony TV to turn on Sony Home Theatre System through Bravia Sync

I used a Roku Voice Remote with a 3600X Streaming Stick to turn my Sony TV on/off and simultaneously turn on/off my Sony Home Theatre System and control its volume or mute volume (Sony TV communicates with Sony Home Theatre System directly using Bravia Sync). I was experiencing heat related problems with the 3600X, so I swapped it out with a 3810RW. I still use the same Roku remote. The problem is that now when I use the Roku Remote power button to turn my Sony TV on, the Sony Home Theatre no longer powers up. When I did the same thing using the 3600X the Roku Remote power button turned on both the TV and the home theatre system (indirectly through the Bravia Sync). What is different in the 3810 Streaming Stick that no longer allows my Sony TV to communicate with the Sony Home Theatre System? How can I correct this problem, other than going back to using the 3600X Streaming Stick?

Note: The 3600X Streaming Stick would stop working when it got hot and give a message about the USB power source having inadequate power to operate the 3600X - even though the 3600X was being powered by the Roku Power Adapter (not the TV USB port).

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Remote no longer allowing Sony TV to turn on Sony Home Theatre System through Bravia Sync

Can you refresh the bravia sync devices connected to the sony tv in the tv settings? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.