Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marina81
Level 7

Roku Remote goes to Sling

Remote automatically goes to Sling and stays stuck on that screen. I turned on the TV using Roku, used the Roku remote and the screen automatically goes to Sling app and stays stuck there. I reset the Roku, took batteries out, tried it again and once the batteries go in, same result - just goes to the Sling app and stays stuck. Please advise how to fix this.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku Remote goes to Sling

@Marina81 

Thanks for the post.

Does your Remote have a Sling button on it?  If it does, it's possible that the button is stuck or jammed which is causing the behavior that you are seeing.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
monsterswin
Level 7

I am having the same problem. It went to Sling all on it's own and stayed stuck there. I tried restarting and removing batteries and nothing worked. It just kept going back to Sling. I finally pressed the rest button now the device comes on and goes to the "let's get started" page and the same thing. Nothing works and it now stays stuck there. So NOW what do I do?? This seems like a problem (based on what I have read here) that many have had. Any clear and do able support from Roku here? 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@monsterswin, if you have a Sling button on your remote it must be stuck.  do whatever you can to get it unstuck.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos