Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coastalguy
Level 7

Roku Remote Volume Control

I have a Roku 3 attached via hdmi cable to both my Sony 65" and Samsung 32" TV's, both being smart TV's. However, only on the Sony, can I adjust the volume using the volume control on the Roku remote. I have tried everything I can think of to control the volume on the Samsung, but have given up. Would like to know, why one Roku3 provides volume control and the other does not.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Basil
Level 10

Re: Roku Remote Volume Control

Edit: Before trying my suggestion, try Dan's first.

"coastalguy" wrote:
I have a Roku 3 attached via hdmi cable to both my Sony 65" and Samsung 32" TV's, both being smart TV's. However, only on the Sony, can I adjust the volume using the volume control on the Roku remote. I have tried everything I can think of to control the volume on the Samsung, but have given up. Would like to know, why one Roku3 provides volume control and the other does not.

Not all TVs can be controlled by Roku remotes. Have you tried swapping remotes and pairing them against the opposite Roku 3 boxes? If the other remote refuses to control the volume of the Samsung, then that Samsung just can't be controlled by a Roku remote.

If, however, after swapping remotes, you can suddenly not control the Sony, then it's something about that remote.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Roku Remote Volume Control

Make sure you have enabled AnyNet+ on the Samsung. That's their house name for CEC, and if it's off you won't get the Roku remote to control it. My Samsung JU7100 worked fine with both my Roku 4 and Ultra remotes. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos