Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Roku Remote Stopped Working

I have an Ultra.  Screen showed weak batteries.  I replaced with fresh batteries and absolutely nothing will work.  I can't repair because nothing happens when I hit the pairing button.  I have tried to reboot four times with no reaction.  It is as if either the Roku itself has stopped interacting with my remote, or my remote itself is fried.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku Remote Stopped Working

You can test the ultra remote even though its a wifi remote, with you cell phone camera, unplug the power code to the Ultra, leave it off, now the roku remote will emit iR commands that the camera can pick up, if you don't see flashes after each button press with ultra unplugged then remote is bad. Plugging the ultra back in and remote is wifi again. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I have the same problem.   I have checked my remote and it appears to be working - I am seeing flashes using my phone camera.  I have unplugged the power from the ultra, and restarted it.   remote will not pair with roku ultra.  

Did i see a hardware update come out recently?  wondering if a bug has been propagated out into the world since there are a lot of posts recently about this. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Do you happen to know which remotes would work, since it appears I will have to replace.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Enhanced remote not pairing with Ultra, just TCL Roku TV

It has been working, suddenly stopped. Installed new batteries and trying to re-pair, just see's the TV and ultra won't see it anymore. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@GrumpyGrandma @bjones12345 

Thanks for the post.

If you are having issues with pairing your remote, we would recommend taking a look at the steps provided by our Support page here: How do I set up my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@chrisshowalter 

Thanks for the inquiry. 

The Voice Remote will work with your Roku Ultra. You can purchase it on our Products page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos