Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Streaming Stick Plus Fails to Control Sony Bravia TV

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem.  It will control the sound, but will not turn the power on or off.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Streaming Stick Plus Fails to Control Sony Bravia TV

Jump to solution

Just something you may want to try - Our son had to pair our roku remote with a TV he brought from school. When he did that, the remote obviously "unpaired" from our ultra box. When I repaired it with the ultra box, everything worked again - volume & power for our TV (Samsung TV). Everything we tried before had failed to fix the problem. Not sure if it was just a fluke but by pairing the remote w/another roku TV and then pairing with it's original roku ultra box worked for us and the remote now controls the power and volume to our Samsung TV.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: New Roku Ultra remote won’t control Sharp TV volume or power

Jump to solution

@Adam4444125  

I am also running into the same issue. I had the older version of the Roku ultra and the remote paired with my Sharp TV - I was able to control the volume and power with the remote. I just got a new Roku ultra this week and now I can no longer pair the remote with my Sharp TV to control the volume or the power. Were you able to find a resolution to this issue?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Partial Solution

Jump to solution

I found that if I push the volume button in and the power button at the same time, the tv will turn on and off.   The power button still will not work by itself.  It only works if you push both buttons simultaneously.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Remote Stopped Controlling Power on/off & volume after OS 9.3 update

Jump to solution

My remote controller does not blink or execute any pressed commands. I replaced batteries and tried to pair but no response 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Samsung 7 series tv- Remote won't turn on or Off

Jump to solution

The fix suggested by gr8ladyh DOES work... I have an 8 or so year old SHARP TV.   I recently purchased an Ultra 2020 and initial setup went fine.... annoyed with not having 2 remotes I bought the $20 regular voice remote (no headphone jack).  After setting up remote 2 it broke the functionality of being able to turn the TV ON.  It would turn it off and do the volume and mute fine with BOTH remotes.. 

So... what is happening is that TV's have more than one code that "works" Go in and do the TV setup option... press that you hear the music, but THEN if the music goes off on say the 1st attempt.... say NO...BUT BEFORE YOU PROCEED TO SAY NO... UN-MUTE YOUR TV WITH THE ORIGINAL TV REMOTE.  Then... once you hit "NO" it will try the 2nd code... if the TV mutes then.... say YES the music stopped and then try it. 

Basically whatever code is being used initially PARTIALLY works... now I have the voice remote AND the advanced voice remote 100% working... you just have to trick the system into going to the next TV code and the only way to know it works is trial and error... or un-muting with the TV remote before the next code is tried. 

For what it is worth... I noticed that the standard "extra" remote I bought only seems to have 2 code options, but the original Roku Ultra 2020 remote has 4 or 5 codes it will try... guessing because it is a bit more "advanced" it has a bit more built into it. 

Anyway guys... this works 100% with my 8 year old SHARP TV and I imagine EVERY TV this is the same thing that is going on... its just bailing out on the 1st code which partially works.  If anyone is missing a feature... like on/off or volume up/down or mute.. try this procedure to get the best functioning code for your particular TV. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Fix for Roku remote power/volume button issue

Jump to solution

WOW, the ONLY solution that worked for me. Finger crossed that it will last! Thank you, such an easy solution that thankfully solved the issue for me.

@Jaymie wrote:

So tonight I had an issue with my Roku remote. The power button and volume button stopped working but the other buttons worked. I came to the forum and tried literally every fix I saw. I changed batteries. Unplugged the Roku. Tried to repair it, but the music would never turn off and kept telling me my tv wouldn’t pair with it. It had been working for over a year with zero issues, same as I read from a lot of the posts on the forum. I was beyond frustrated!! Then I’m not sure what made me unplug the actual TV but I did that and plugged it back in AND everything is back to normal !!! I know it sounds silly, especially if you have already thought to try it BUT I didn’t and I did try everything else and nothing else worked but this did. 

0 Kudos