Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Roku Remote Stopped Controlling Power on/off & volume after OS 9.3 update

Jump to solution

Welcome to the world of silence. I've had a similar problem and have heard nothing from Roku. I've got a 60" TV and a Roku Ultra, but because the remote doesn't control the TV anymore, I get to turn on the TV with the TV remote; Turn off the TV with the TV remote; adjust TV volume up or down with the TV remote.

It's what I do with my $29 Roku stick on my other TV's.

Bottom line: My $100 Roku Ultra won't do it, so basically, I paid $100 for a $29 product. Never again.

BTW, they advertise how their Roku Flat Screen from TCL has all the features we used to have. And it can be ours for just $1,499. Such a bargain. I'd call them crooks, but I don't want to give crooks a bad name.

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: TV power and Volume suddenly not working

Jump to solution

I have just had the same problem and my roku remote is only maybe 3 months old. This is very desturbing! 

Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Latest update broke controlling tv with Roku remote

Jump to solution

That "fix", and I use the term loosely, does not fix the issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

New Roku Ultra remote won’t control Sharp TV volume or power

Jump to solution

I had a regular Roku that was working fine on my Sharp TV.  We wanted to upgrade especially for the remote finder capability of the New Roku Ultra because we lose the remote all of the time.   Now the brand new remote controls the Roku but not the volume or power.   I’ve gone through the settings tab but it always ends up telling me that the remote may not work with the tv.  Is that true or is there a workaround?  I’ll return it if I can’t get it to control the tv. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I bought a brand-new Roku Streaming Stick+ (Model 3810X) from a local retailer and set it up on Sep. 6, 2020 with my Sony TV (2019 model). Everything was working perfectly until 10 days later, Sep. 16, 2020, when the TV Power and Volume buttons on the Roku enhanced remote stopped working suddenly without anything being changed to my TV or Wifi network setup. I tried all the troubleshooting steps suggested by Roku's website and other users on this forum: remove power plug from Roku stick, wait a few minutes then reconnect the power, re-pairing the remote, set up remote to control TV, retry setting up remote to control TV after all 50 codes failed, unplug and replug TV's power (repeat all these steps multiple times). Nothing worked.

Then I borrowed a family member's enhanced remote that controlled another Roku Streaming Stick+ and paired it with my Roku Streaming Stick+ and found that the Power and Volume buttons do work on the borrowed remote. Then I tried one last step: perform a factory reset on my Roku stick and set it up as a new device today, Sep. 20, 2020. The Power and Volume buttons remained broken.

I think this must be a hardware issue with my Roku remote. If Roku support cannot help solve this issue, I'm thinking of returning my Roku to the retailer to exchange for a new one. This is my 4th Roku devices so I'm not a novice at setting up and troubleshooting Roku issues. Here are my device's info from the About screen:

Model: 3810X - Roku Streaming Stick+

Software version: 9.3.0 build 4194-50

Remote model (TV Power and Volume buttons not working, battery 92%): RC490

Remote RC490 firmware: 2.01.19.018

Remote that I borrowed that works (battery 64%), model: RC392

Remote RC392 firmware: 2.01.19.018

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: New Roku Ultra remote won’t control Sharp TV volume or power

Jump to solution

@Adam4444125 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would recommend taking a looking at the steps provided by our Support page here: How do I set up my Roku® enhanced remote to control my TV?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Sharp TV can Not Get Remote To Adjust Sound

Jump to solution

THIS WORKED FOR ME THANKS SO MUCH! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Volume and on off

Jump to solution

On my Roku remote for my streaming stick my volume and the on off key don’t work.  I’ve tried everything suggested on these boards. I’ve repaired the remote. I’m going through Settings, remote, etc and “set up remote for tv control “ it with my tv.  I went through the sound Music test and it passed.  I have brand new alkaline batteries.  The rest of the remote works fine. It’s just the volume keys and the on off that don’t work.  Again I paired remote and set up this remote for tv control.  I have used the remote for about two years.  Help pls.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

With no help fromRoku support, I solved the issue of the Roku Ultra remote not controlling the TV on/off or volume. Roku support keeps recommending solutions that have never worked, so I did something drastic:

I updated the software on my Mitsubishi DLP TV, Model WD-60C9. Easy process; takes about 20 min.

After it was updated, I went to Roku Ultra setup for remote, went to “control TV with remote” and on the second screen, the music stopped. Guess what? I now can control the TV with the Ultra Remote.

Your TV may not be a Mitsubishi, so go to your brand and model's support page and see if your software needs updating. Probably does (if it's older) so just follow the instructions on how to download and update the software.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: TV power and Volume suddenly not working

Jump to solution

Tried that and got the message “sorry it seems this samsung TV will not work with a Roku remote” - while it has been working for years... now what?

0 Kudos