Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Power and Volume buttons stopped responding

Jump to solution

No retry button.   Have tried all suggestions.  Keeps telling me the remote is not able to control theta.  In the good ol days it did.   Back to two remotes I guess

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Volume and power stopped working

Jump to solution

My volume and power control worked for my tv for over a month until about a week ago. I attempted to update the system, restart it, and re pair it for tv control but I run through the 50 codes multiple times and it says my tv is not compatible anymore. I've read through a bunch of other threads with similar problems and unfortunately none of the fixes have worked.

My tv is an Emerson tv.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Latest update broke controlling tv with Roku remote

Jump to solution

If the remote doesn’t work how can you possibly do the steps outlined. ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Remote works fine.. just no longer controls the TV.   That is the whole point of thisthread

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

If anyone is still struggling with this, I wanted to share that my volume and power button stopped working too when I had to restart my roku.  I found that aftee changing my wireless connection from a .media to the primary wireless internet, the audio and TV buttons would respond.  If you have multiple wireless internet options, see if a different one will work. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: All of a sudden no LG support for remote? Used to work

Jump to solution

Having same issue with this model LG.

LG - 60" Class UM6900PUA Series LED 4K UHD Smart webOS TV

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have tried every solution offered here and nothing works.  My just quit working yesterday 8/16/2020.  I have remote RC127 firmware version 2.01.19.108 on a Sharp tv

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I believe that ROKU pushed out a bad updated firmware patch that bricked a lot of remotes that caused them to stop functioning, and has not owned up to their mistake.  Instead they have done everything they can to deflect the blame and put the onus back on the customer. 

A recall of the remotes in question would cost a lot of money, so instead they are simply saying

"Please be informed that we could not resolve the issue, we may suggest you purchase a new remote as the warranty of the device has been expired."

To which my answer is "Unacceptable. The remote stopped working after ROKU updated firmware on the device, and bricked the remote. Why would I buy a replacement after ROKU pushed out a bad update that caused my remote to stop working?"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Remote Stopped Controlling Power on/off & volume after OS 9.3 update

Jump to solution

What I did that worked.

1. Turned off power strip that powered TV and Roku Ultra and waited 15 minutes.

2. Removed batteries from Remote.

3. Removed power from a Sony Blue Ray DVD player that was near the Roku Ultra.

4. Turned on power strip.

5. Put batteries in Remote and paired the Remote

6. Navigated to: Settings>Remotes and devices>>Remotes>Remote>About>Set up remote for TV control

7.   Went through the set up process. The second Code worked

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

You're correct in that purchasing a new remote WILL NOT WORK.  The entire issue is with the updates so, until Roku rolls it back or create a patch, nothing will work.  Just so you know, my remote stopped controlling the volume and power button back in April and I did buy a new remote (thinking that was the issue) but the new remote would not work either.  I tried every single trouble shooting suggestion Roku gave me and none of them worked.  Shame on Roku... totally agree with you... unexceptionable.

0 Kudos