Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Remote Suddenly unable to control TV

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R  It looks like I’m going through the same issue as well, I have a Roku ultra player that worked well with my Sony Bravia (tv controls) 1 since the past week I’ve tried several attempts of resetting , etc but the problem continues , I no longer can control my tv volume anymore. Please help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Remote Suddenly unable to control TV

Jump to solution

Add me to the list of people who now have seriously reduced functionality.

Roku Ultra, just updated to 9.3.0, build 4150-46 (problem existed at least today prior to this latest update.)

Vizio 4k M55-C2 TV

Sony STR-DN1060 receiver

If I run through the remote configuration utility in the Ultra, the music stops, displaying TV code 4.  At least power off is no longer functional.  If I run through all codes, saying that the music is not stopping, at the end it displays something to the effect of This Sony TV will not work with a Roku remote.  This is clearly not the situation, it's picking up the receiver through the HDMI connection, and I'm no longer offered the ability to enter a TV brand name.  Loss of this configuration feature is a serious lack of foresight.

I've repaired the remote, no change in behavior.

I may have to look into alternative streaming players.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Power and Volume not responding.

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R      why would roku do this?  we paid extra money to have a power and volume option. 3 weeks ago like everyone else we lost these options.

its obviously a failed roku update and roku needs to be transparent about it.
how will roku fix this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R      why would roku do this?  we paid extra money to have a power and volume option. 3 weeks ago like everyone else we lost these options.

its obviously a failed roku update and roku needs to be transparent about it.
how will roku fix this?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I just emailed Roku support about my issue. I will report back what they say and if it is fixed. It's super frustrating, especially because he power and volume control is a higher "upgrade" that we paid for. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Re: Roku Remote Volume Control Stopped Controlling Home Theatre Volume

Jump to solution

Basically if you keep searching for answers, this is a known issue thst Roku is refusing to admit is a software problem on their end. Don't worry, they'll just keep sending you a new remote with the same issue over and over until your warranty runs out. 

Fix the problem on your end Roku, this problem is too common with your new enhanced remote to pretend it's every users TV. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the note.

Please be aware that we are currently looking into the reported issue.

Some customers are reporting that after setting up their remote to control their TV again they were able to resolve the issue after the newest update.

We would recommend tying to set up your remote to control your TV by:
Settings -> Remotes & devices -> Remotes -> Remote (In use) -> Set up remote for TV control

For more information about setting up your TV controls with your remote, visit our Support page here: How do I set up my Roku® enhanced remote to control my TV?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hey all! 

I just got my remote to work. What had been happening was when I'd go to set up an in use remote and I put my tv brand in (Sharp) the music would start playing and I'd hit yes, but then the music wouldn't stop playing and I'd hit no and it wouldn't try any other codes just say basically sorry your TV doesn't work. But I just went back in to try and it still doesn't work if I hit Sharp as my tv brand but I chose Radio Shack (randomly) as my tv brand and it had to cycle through a few codes but the music eventually stopped for one of the codes and I just tested it and its working to turn to tv on and off and control the volume. 

Hopefully it continues working. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you! My Sharp TV has had this issue since earlier this week, was trying everything to fix it. Your solution worked. @Mawmaw wrote:

Hey all! 

I just got my remote to work. What had been happening was when I'd go to set up an in use remote and I put my tv brand in (Sharp) the music would start playing and I'd hit yes, but then the music wouldn't stop playing and I'd hit no and it wouldn't try any other codes just say basically sorry your TV doesn't work. But I just went back in to try and it still doesn't work if I hit Sharp as my tv brand but I chose Radio Shack (randomly) as my tv brand and it had to cycle through a few codes but the music eventually stopped for one of the codes and I just tested it and its working to turn to tv on and off and control the volume. 

Hopefully it continues working. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Roku Remote Stopped Controlling Power on/off & volume after OS 9.3 update

Jump to solution

Roku Model 4660X

Version 9.3.0 Build 4150-46

Proscan Tv Unit (this has worked with my Ultra for over 2-3 years. before the Volume Up/Down stopped working... BTW, when I use my earbuds, the volume up/down side bar works, BUT when the I use it without the earbuds, it won't work..... NO changes after trying many times to reset and ... the Power on/off works for both units tv and roku remote... 

0 Kudos