Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Volume Control Quit Working with the May 1st update

Jump to solution

Using the Roku Ultra remote, the volume control that controls the TV volume quit working. I get the "(volume icon) 100" indication but nothing changes as I click the volume button. The light on the Roku device blinks but I cannot make changes to the volume with the remote any longer. I have restarted the system and can hear music when asked in the settings menu. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Volume Control Quit Working with the May 1st update

Jump to solution

Mine stopped working too! Very frustrating. Is there a way to go back to a setting before the update?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm not sure what is happening or how to fix it but it is good to know it isn't just me. I doubt there is a way to return to the earlier version.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Glad I am not going insane.  My system was updated on May 5th and am having the same issue.  Have you gotten any replies from Roku on how to fix it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Power and Volume not responding.

Jump to solution

So .. wait. Are you saying that the latest update rendered your remote useless and a new remote is going to be required to use the TV control features?

I have 3 Rokus. All of them stopped working with the remotes after 9.3. So I know it isn't a bad remote.

Hmm.. That would not be good if it were true.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Me to, I hope that someone from Roku is monitoring this conversation and something will be done. Luckily I still have the tv remote and can use it for volume.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

No need to replace remote.  Just do the. Control setup again and when it fails at the end, click "try again". It will then allow you to select your TV brand and then it will run thru setup again using correct codes for that brand.  Worked for me in about 2 minutes, after suffering for weeks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Glad to hear you got your working. I did exactly that with no success.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Jonavarque, were you able to enter the brand of your TV?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I can't get a message to Roku - not sure what is going on. I just get the spinning dial each time I try. Will someone else make an attempt and let us know? Thanks

0 Kudos