Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jglumley
Level 7

Re: Volume Control Quit Working with the May 1st update

Jump to solution

None of the fixes works.  My remote just stopped working after the update and won't pair anymore.

0 Kudos
Shaggerty25
Level 7

Remote pairing to change TV volume and power

Jump to solution

The Roku remote will not let us change the tv volume or mute the tv and the power for the tv. We’ve done all the trouble shooting to setup remote for tv control to no avail. When we go to settings it’s saying it won’t sync up with the Samsung tv but the Roku is not connect to a Samsung tv connected to an insignia tv which we initially setup and it worked. 

MR1
Level 7

Re: Power and Volume not responding.

Jump to solution

Have not been able to resolve issue. I try at least 2/ day to reset/ re pair the remote with absolutely no luck . Have also tried to change brand of tv and sent private message to Roku team with no resolution of the issue. Very frustrated.

0 Kudos
brianehayes
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same issue here. Everything worked fine for months and then all of a sudden the Roku remote will not control the power or volume on my TV.

0 Kudos
Straitfan2375
Level 7

Jump to solution

All of a sudden this evening it works!  Their techs must have went back to work!   

0 Kudos
Sstick
Level 7

Re: Roku Remote Stopped Controlling TV

Jump to solution

Same issue, same setup.  It worked for over a year and now not at all.  Ugh

0 Kudos
Mimmy
Level 7

Jump to solution

To solve 

home

settings

remotes & devices

remote

set up remote to control tv

*answer the questions if you hear the music or not

Quetzalcoatl
Level 7

Re: Roku Remote Stopped Controlling Power on/off & volume after OS 9.3 update

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuDanny-R

The forum did not let me PM you this:

I have long had my Roku remote paired to control the volume and power on my TV. About a week ago, it stopped working. I re-paired it, and the volume control works but the power control does not. I have restarted the Roku, the TV, and gone through the pairing process many times, including replying "no" when it asks whether the music has stopped. It then says the remote is not compatible with my "Onkyo TV," when it is in fact an LG TV with an Onkyo AVR. This combination has worked flawlessly for a long time and I have made no changes. And again, the volume control works, so the Onkyo is not part of the problem.

Model and serial: 4670RW, YJ004R643***

Software: 9.3.0

Setup: LG OLED TV with Onkyo receiver over HDMI-CEC

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
bobjr94
Level 8

Jump to solution

That is the first thing I tried , I can hear the music but still the power button still never worked again. As everyone said this was all working fine until about 3 weeks ago, then it stopped working. Seems Roku updated the device and the update has bugs in it. 

0 Kudos
ccturrentine
Level 8

Jump to solution

I am still experiencing issues regarding your remote no longer being able to control the TV power or volume after the recent update. I have tried to set up the tv again and, after cycling through 30+ codes, I get the notice that the remote will not work on my Westinghouse model.  It's worked on this model for years and suddenly it does not.  I even purchased a new remote and ended up with the same issue.  You suggested sending you a PM but I do not see a way to do that here.  therefore, I am providing the requested information about my system:

Roku device model: 3800RW Serial #YFOODE735673

Software version: 9.2.0 Build 4806.55

TV Brand: Westinghouse

Please offer a fix for this issue. Super frustrated and worried that this issue will soon affect the 5 other Roku devices I own.

0 Kudos