Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Power and Volume not responding.

Jump to solution

Hey all! 

I just got my remote to work. What had been happening was when I'd go to set up an in use remote and I put my tv brand in (Sharp) the music would start playing and I'd hit yes, but then the music wouldn't stop playing and I'd hit no and it wouldn't try any other codes just say basically sorry your TV doesn't work. But I just went back in to try and it still doesn't work if I hit Sharp as my tv brand but I chose Radio Shack (randomly) as my tv brand and it had to cycle through a few codes but the music eventually stopped for one of the codes and I just tested it and its working to turn to tv on and off and control the volume. 

Hopefully it continues working. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you! My Sharp TV has had this issue since earlier this week, was trying everything to fix it. Your solution worked. @Mawmaw wrote:

Hey all! 

I just got my remote to work. What had been happening was when I'd go to set up an in use remote and I put my tv brand in (Sharp) the music would start playing and I'd hit yes, but then the music wouldn't stop playing and I'd hit no and it wouldn't try any other codes just say basically sorry your TV doesn't work. But I just went back in to try and it still doesn't work if I hit Sharp as my tv brand but I chose Radio Shack (randomly) as my tv brand and it had to cycle through a few codes but the music eventually stopped for one of the codes and I just tested it and its working to turn to tv on and off and control the volume. 

Hopefully it continues working. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Roku Remote Stopped Controlling Power on/off & volume after OS 9.3 update

Jump to solution

Roku Model 4660X

Version 9.3.0 Build 4150-46

Proscan Tv Unit (this has worked with my Ultra for over 2-3 years. before the Volume Up/Down stopped working... BTW, when I use my earbuds, the volume up/down side bar works, BUT when the I use it without the earbuds, it won't work..... NO changes after trying many times to reset and ... the Power on/off works for both units tv and roku remote... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Good morning, Danny.

Your linked documentation to configure a remote for a particular TV brand DOES NOT WORK.  This is apparently a recent change to the firmware and the documentation no longer matches.

So, to make this very, very pointed and direct, how do I configure my remote to control a Vizio M55-C2 TV?  My Ultra is firmly convinced it's a Sony. How do I override that?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku remote won’t power tv on/off and won’t control volume

Jump to solution

Been having the same problem as well. Nothing I have tried has helped with the powering on/off & volume controls. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku remote won’t power tv on/off and won’t control volume

Jump to solution

I have the same problem, but everything else works so well and I can control sound bar volume via Roku, so I'll live with using TV remote to power off. Anyway, if I could control the TV volume with the Roku, I'd still have to use a separate source to control the soundbar, which has superior audio.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same issue here.  My remote was working completely for 2 months.  Changed batteries. Resinked the remote.  I can change the channels, but no power or volume abilities all of a sudden.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm in the same boat - the remote volume stopped working this week but all other buttons work fine. I've unplugged the streaming stick, replaced the remote batteries and re-paired the remote & TV. Volume still doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Remote Volume Control Stopped Controlling Home Theatre Volume

Jump to solution

Any luck? I’m having the same two issues only I don’t have a receiver, I have a sound bar. Has worked great for 6 months then no volume and no power for the TV. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: TV power and Volume suddenly not working

Jump to solution

This worked for me.  I had the same problem with sudden power & volume featured not working.  I had to pair 3 times tho.  

0 Kudos