Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Power and Volume not responding.

Jump to solution

Same problem here, I have a new Roku Ultra and the volume controls on the remote just stopped working. I also get a network error with YouTube and it quits working. Frustrating!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

@Allison10 has a solution below that works. It took 30 seconds to fix the issue.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have tried this several time. Still does not work. 

@EllenLM wrote:

@Allison10has a solution below that works. It took 30 seconds to fix the issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same problem just in the past few days my volume buttons do not work for tv but power button work fine?  When set it up it says it works.  But volume still is not adjusting on the Roku ultra remote.  This is a Roku problem please fix it.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks! I tried it and it works now!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Nancy1 what did you try that worked please share.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I followed the updated instructions by Allison10 as linked by @Ashleyd1 a couple posts above. Sorry I don't know how to link it. It was an easy fix, went to Roku settings, remote in use and set up remote I think.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Issue is driving me insane. lol. No help from Roku and these support threads are getting hard to follow.

I have created a Facebook page for this issue hoping as a better way to communicate with others about it. May or may not work. 

I do not work for Roku support.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Roku-remote-powervolume-issues-only-105125947872864/posts/?ref=page_inte...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for this! I've been having trouble with volume and power working for a little over a week. I did exactly as you said here and it worked great. Whew. It was driving me up the wall.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Cannot control TV with Ultra since software update May 5, 2020.

Jump to solution

Mine too.  Just black screen now but is obviously on.  I have other roku set ups on other tvs with no problems.  The only one with a problem is the only one that has Ultra roku device.  In checking this seems to happen every time roku does an update

0 Kudos