Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Power and Volume not responding.

Jump to solution

Update:  I was able to get it working this morning by doing the following Settings > Remotes & devices > Remote (in use) > Set up remote for TV control.  I selected my brand of TV, Westinghouse, and cycled through a few codes and it found the right one. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. The power and volume stopped working a few days ago. I've tried new batteries, re-pairing and setting it up for TV control again. Only I don't have an option to choose my brand of TV. Seems like this is a Roku software update issue. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Same issue here. We have a Roku ultra and Samsung tv. Volume buttons stopped working about a week ago. Power button works fine. It feels like 1985 again... back when the volume was a knob on the TV and getting up was a hassle! Oh, the things we take for granted! LOL

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

When i select TV off from my Roku home screen. This is what pops up also.

"Your TV will not turn off. Please check "CEC" or "Control Other Devices" settings on your TV and set it to allow control of other devices. "CEC" enables devices connected to your TV using HDMI ports to communicate and sometimes control features on your TV".

I have no idea what any of that means. My TV doesnt evem have that option or setting. Tried moving HDMI to another port. Nothing changed. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yes, roku's last update messed everything up. I have never got my TV to power on/off again from the roku in the past week. It worked fine for the last year or two, and it's not a smart tv, not connected to internet, so the tv didn't update or change. Put in new remote batteries, went though the TV setup in the roku setting but didn't fix it. They need to roll back the last update. Or the are purposely disabling features on their older devices so you go buy a new one. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Add me to the list. Volume worked fine last night. Get home from work and I have no sound. Tv sound works fine. Roku does not. Real helpful that you can’t call anyone or use their chat. Where are you Roku?  Not great customer service. Not even good customer service. Reviews will be coming.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Add this household to the list too. We were going NUTS trying to figure this out. Glad to find forum but ready to scream on customer service. Oh wait, no one answers. We're on shut down. I am frustrated and annoyed that the may 5 update caused such massive problem

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

When ours went out, it was only the volume. Here is how we fixed it. First Turn off TV and then unplug your device which included unattaching power from the stick. If the stick or box is still getting power it is not resetting itself.  Let it sit for a few minutes.  Plug back in the Roku device. Turn on TV.  At home page go to Settings -> Remotes & devices -> Remotes -> Remote (In use) -> Set up remote for TV control. There you should be at the point where you listen to music and tell them if it is playing or muted at their prompts. I think there are 35+ channels to find your "code". One TV was the first one, the other I had to go through many.  But both worked. Neither TV is a Smart TV. I don't remember having to put in the brand of TV. I did read that someone had emailed ROKU (due to call centers not being available) and they did hear back. So I do think some people are working, just not a giant call center.  Hope this helps at least some of you!   

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

This did not work for me. I tried this after i relinked my remote. My Roku, doesnt give me codes for my TV, it automatically finds the code for me. 

@Carolwp wrote:

When ours went out, it was only the volume. Here is how we fixed it. First Turn off TV and then unplug your device which included unattaching power from the stick. If the stick or box is still getting power it is not resetting itself.  Let it sit for a few minutes.  Plug back in the Roku device. Turn on TV.  At home page go to Settings -> Remotes & devices -> Remotes -> Remote (In use) -> Set up remote for TV control. There you should be at the point where you listen to music and tell them if it is playing or muted at their prompts. I think there are 35+ channels to find your "code". One TV was the first one, the other I had to go through many.  But both worked. Neither TV is a Smart TV. I don't remember having to put in the brand of TV. I did read that someone had emailed ROKU (due to call centers not being available) and they did hear back. So I do think some people are working, just not a giant call center.  Hope this helps at least some of you!   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Sharp TV can Not Get Remote To Adjust Sound

Jump to solution

Sharp brand now uses Hisense TV codes. 

0 Kudos