Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Volume Control Quit Working with the May 1st update

Jump to solution

Roku response is a joke. They keep telling you to try the same thing over and over but it's a known issue since the last update. ( A few days ago I believe). They know there is an issue but instead of having the balls to admit it they keep making absurd suggestions in hopes of fending people off. Hey Roku. I paid for a remote that controls my tv power and my volume. Are you going to give me my money back for false advertisding?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Power and Volume not responding.

Jump to solution

yes. of all of them. Sharp, Vizio and Westinghouse.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Roku Remote Volume Control Stopped Controlling Home Theatre Volume

Jump to solution

Same issues here as of 5/9/2020 NO volume control on the TV BUT I find the remote volume control WITH the Ear Buds attached seems to work fine.. (Ultra Model) I now know it's a issue witht eh ROKU device and the update it recently had (about a week ago) 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem.  Worked previously and just those 2 buttons stopped working.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Danny. There is no error screen. The buttons sinply do not turn the TV on and off, nor does it control the TV volume anymore. We have all tried to resync the remote to the TV. Mine says that it is paired to the TV, but still does not control TV. The remote controls the Roku, but not the TV anymore. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same problem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Remote Stopped Controlling Power on/off & volume after OS 9.3 update

Jump to solution

2. 3819RW - Roku Streaming Stick+

3. 9.3.0 build 4143-50

4. SkyVue

5. didn't work to set up remote, tried several times.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Danny,

Read the posts here.

This is not an issue with pairing or setup. Everyone here has exhausted those possibilities.

This is a problem that started for LOTS of people immediately after the May 5th update. It is clearly a Roku software or firmware issue that Roku needs to patch. 

A large number of people are posting here to make this clear, and you know there are probably many more who won't bother to find this forum.

But those of us who did find this forum can just as easily be writing one-star reviews on Amazon. Is that what you're aiming for?

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

the volume control buttons are no longer working as of a couple of days ago. The power button is still working just not volume. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same problem for me. The power button still works for me, but the volume buttons do not. All other Roku specific controls works as expected. Roku needs to own up to this one and fix it. My Amazon Fire TV remote still works fine to control power and volume, so I'm switching over to that until this gets fixed!

0 Kudos