Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku volume stopped working

Jump to solution
Repeat the setup process you did when you did the first installation.

Settings -> Remotes & devices > Remotes > Remote (In use) > Set up remote for TV control

Did your Roku just update to version 9.3? People are reporting the need to reset their remotes for the tv again after that.
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku volume stopped working

Jump to solution

If you have an original roku 3 remote, it doesn't have IR, so if it worked it was by hdmi-cec. So go into your tv menu and see if you can refresh hdmi-cec devices. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
zeiglerhouze25
Level 7

Re: Power and Volume not responding.

Jump to solution

The exact same thing is happening to us now!! Yes we've paired the remote! It has worked perfect up until yesterday. I completely follow what the other costumers complaint.. why is it so hard for customer service to follow and respond appropriately??? I see he just gave up.. but I'll ask again. Why is everything working except the power and volume working on this remote?!?

Fithelere
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same thing is happening to me. It worked fine for years; now it suddenly won't. Very frustrating

Hebrew
Level 7

Re: Roku Remote Stopped Controlling Power on/off & volume after OS 9.3 update

Jump to solution

Roku Remote stopped controlling power on/off and volume.

0 Kudos
Hebrew
Level 7

Re: Roku Remote Stopped Controlling Power on/off & volume after OS 9.3 update

Jump to solution

Roku Remote stopped controlling Power on/off and volume

0 Kudos
BVO
Level 8

Jump to solution

I spent a few hours trying to fix the problem before the Roku tech fixed it for me.  I'm happy it is working again. Hopefully thry fix the problem for everyone.

0 Kudos
Straitfan2375
Level 7

Jump to solution

Wow....  I don't think the problem is on our end!  This just started being a problem tonight.  From the looks of other recent posts.... something has changed on ROKU's end!  My power works, but not the volume.

0 Kudos
Ashleyd1
Level 8

Jump to solution

I am also having this issue today. Tried repairing remote. Roku says it is paired. But still not controlling tv on/off or volume

0 Kudos
bobjr94
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have the same problem on mine starting yesterday. Power and volume are both unresponsive, everything else works.  It had been working fine for months-years and we have not changed anything. New batteries made no difference.

0 Kudos