Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Latest update broke controlling tv with Roku remote

Jump to solution

That was the first thing I did on ALL my Rokus. Didn't work. Please look into the firmware update. Unless you're trying to suggest that all 3 of my remotes just stopped working at the same time for some other reason. Smiley Happy

-Firmware Developer for 40 years.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I tried this several times, and it doesn't work.

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Power and Volume not responding.

Jump to solution

I have tried everything and emailed Roku. They said to try what I tried and have not responded back yet. I called and got a message they shutdown their call center due to the pandemic.

Hopefully Roku steps up and solves this issuse. I have five devices and have been loyal to them for many years.

I am happy to hear some of you have gotten the volume to work again.

P.S.  I hate updates that make things worse.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hey guys. I found the fix. Just unplug your Roku Stick from your TV and remove the plug from the adapter, as well. Keep it all unplugged for 10 minutes (maybe 15, to be safe), and this will successfully reboot your Roku, allowing you to use your remote and have sound like normal. All of your settings will still be there after the reboot. Roku should've really got ahead of this issue with the update.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Going through the setup again for the remote was the first thing I did, problem still persists.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Why would you put out an update that would disable the power on/off button?  I am having the same issue, and I have tried your suggested solution with no success.  This is frustrating to say the least.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Remote Volume Control Stopped Controlling Volume on TV

Jump to solution

how do we change the tv? I never chose a tv when I set up my roku ultra.  My volume has also stopped working. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I've gone through the documentation and tried setup several times.  The Roku isn't detecting my TV brand correctly... Thinks it's a Coby, when it is an Envision.  Doesn't give any option for me to select the brand, hence it never will work again until this is fixed to either detect correctly or allow manual selection.  Please find us an option that will work to fix this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Remote Volume Control Stopped Controlling Volume on TV

Jump to solution

Happening to me too now on a hisense TV that it's been able to control for years

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku Remote Stopped Controlling TV - on off and volume - POSSIBLE SOLUTION!

Jump to solution

This worked more me, I also have a sharp TV! Thank you.

0 Kudos