Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Power and Volume not responding.

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Power and Volume not responding.

Jump to solution

Hi Carolwp. 

Thank you for your response. 
Unfortunately none of these work for me. When trying different codes the music volume never shuts off. Therefore I don't even have the option to try any of the 34 codes for my remote. None of the codes provided control the volume or power.
This is frustrating.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Latest update broke controlling tv with Roku remote

Jump to solution

Same thing happening to us.  The onscreen TV-remote re-pairing procedure did not work for us either (this is the onscreen procedure that has you push “yes” when the music stops at a particular code test).

PULEEEEZE Roku tell us what to do to fix this!!!

p.s. I have a 2018 RCA 4K Ultra HD 55” (I think the model # is RTU5500, but not positive.)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Latest update broke controlling tv with Roku remote/NO LONGER ANY VOLUME OR ON/OFF CONTROL

Jump to solution

Addendum from Wilsie:  correction on my RCA TV model #: it’s RTU5540-C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Latest update broke controlling tv with Roku remote/NO LONGER ANY VOLUME OR ON/OFF CONTROL

Jump to solution

If you can switch brands of tv, try LG for the RCA. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I installed an update on my Roku last night, the problem still persists.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Some customer are reporting that after setting up their remote to control their TV again they were able to resolve the issue.

We would recommend tying to set up your remote to control your TV with the steps outlined in our Support page here: How do I set up my Roku® enhanced remote to control my TV?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue (no sound and cannot turn my TV on and off with Roku remote). Going through the settings for the remote doesn't work. It's the latest update that is the issue, and our TV and associated streaming apps are useless without a fix. We can't talk to phone support because it's down due to the situation. I've had my Roku Stick+ since December 2019 and this issue just started once the 9.3 update went through. Please help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

This is definitely a firmware update induced bug. All 3 of my Roku units now fail to work with the remotes.

Get on it Roku. ASAP.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@JesterJLay @jonavarque 

Thanks for the note.

Some customer are reporting that after setting up their remote to control their TV again they were able to resolve the issue after the newest update.

We would recommend tying to set up your remote to control your TV by:
Settings -> Remotes & devices -> Remotes -> Remote (In use) -> Set up remote for TV control

For more information about setting up your TV controls with your remote, visit our Support page here: How do I set up my Roku® enhanced remote to control my TV?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos