Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Power and Volume not responding.

Jump to solution

Kept looking on this site and found an answer!  It is because of the update.  Someone else posted this and it worked for me. Someone on this thread may have mentioned this but I didn't follow to the last step. Now I need to go do this to the other tv.  Good luck!

The TV volume setting on the remote gets reset with the update. You'll have to set it again.

Settings -> Remotes & devices -> Remotes -> Remote (In use) -> Set up remote for TV control

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

@Carolwp wrote:

Kept looking on this site and found an answer!  It is because of the update.  Someone else posted this and it worked for me. Someone on this thread may have mentioned this but I didn't follow to the last step. Now I need to go do this to the other tv.  Good luck!

The TV volume setting on the remote gets reset with the update. You'll have to set it again.

Settings -> Remotes & devices -> Remotes -> Remote (In use) -> Set up remote for TV control

Tried that. The Roku cycles through 20 codes that don’t work. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have tried everything suggested with no luck. I also rolled back the update. Hopefully Roku can fix this problem. I'll try and contact their help desk today.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Hi - hoping my reply reaches everyone who has posted since I last did. After going through all the different ways to try to get my Roku ultra's power & volume buttons to work (and believe me, I tried everything several times), I finally contacted customer service. I did not get an answer as to why this has happened but they are sending me a comparable remote. Not sure what that is but I will update again once I receive it.

My guess is something went wrong with the last update and its glitched with our remotes - its the only common denominator after reading everyone's posts. I even tried to see if there was a new update this morning that might fix the issue. Unfortunately no.

My suggestion is to reach out to customer service directly.  Hope this helps.

Tags (2)
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hello all,

I just thought I would add to the discussion what I experienced today. As with previous posts, the ability to adjust the volume on my TV stopped working today. I have a streaming stick and Vizio Smart TV.  I followed the directions from a previous post by @Carolwp and it corrected the problem for me!! (Thanks @Carolwp 😊!!) 

It seems like the fix depends on the kind of TV you have...?  Regardless, if this was caused by an update I think Roku needs to fix it ASAP!!! I hope they are actively monitoring/reviewing these discussion boards!! 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Ultra with a Samsung TV. Roku Remote has been working up until the software update last night.  The Roku remote no longer controls the volume and power as it previously did. Tried all troubleshooting steps numerous times. None of the tv codes work. It appears to be a code compatibility issue with the Samsung tv that I have. All other features work on the Roku remote except for volume and power. Any ideas on how to restore?  I have also contacted customer support. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I started to have the same problem remote was not turning TV on or off or changing the volume I read the message about the music code and it worked thank you very much

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

How did you rollback the software update?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Tried the setup remote for tv control setting. The Roku cycles through 34 codes that don’t work.  None of the codes stop the music from playing. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Sorry Brian. I just read this. Roku gives some ideas to tweak the pairing. Maybe doing this will help? Frustrating isn't it.   https://support.roku.com/article/360004786894-why-is-my-roku-enhanced-remote-not-controlling-volume-...