Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku remote won’t power tv on/off and won’t control volume

Jump to solution

Half the Roku tv brands use the the same code set as one LG uses. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

What's the easiest way to re-program the TV and "skip the first one"?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Use the roku remote to go into settings> remote & devices> remote in use> program tv

Edmund
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Tivoburkee - thank you!  That worked!  I appreciate the help.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem with a Sanyo TV. The voice remote won’t change volume or tune on and off, even though it had for the past several months. I’ve tried all 50 remote settings. Can we do anything else?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Jump to solution

If it was working before its rither a software hiccup

or more likely there is something in front of your TV that wasnt there before.

You didnt mention your hardware exactly.........

settings> remote & devices> remote in use>Set up remote for Tv control

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Remote Suddenly unable to control TV

Jump to solution

Bought the Roku Ultra for my Girlfriend to have in her room a few months back.  It was a toss up between this and sticking with Apple but I decided to give it a shot.

I paired the remote (point anywhere type) to her TV without issue about a month ago and things worked great.  A few hours ago we turned the TV and roku device on using the included remote and made a few volume adjustments.  At some point it decided that this was no longer enjoyable and won’t control the tv volume or power.  

Zero changes have been made in the room or settings in weeks.  I’ve read through MANY posts with the same thing.  I’ve read all the troubleshooting guides and reset the remote, tried to re pair, but the music never stops playing.  

The first time I did this it almost immediately stopped.  I’m extremely frustrated after spending a solid couple of hours trying to get this to work.  More infuriating is all the other forum posts end with “pm me” from roku employees and no one ever actually posts a **bleep** solution in the thread.  Ultimately I’m trying to figure out why I didn’t just go with the known option and opt for another Apple TV.

Please excuse any spelling errors due to fat fingering letters on my phone.

Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Remote Suddenly unable to control TV

Jump to solution

@Sprinkle 

Thanks for the information. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Power and Volume not responding.

Jump to solution

Googled this problem to find this link marked "Problem solved" but that is not the case. Problem not solved. I started having the same issue yesterday. The Roku remote IS paired since all the buttons work find except the power and side volume buttons. The settings even show the remote device. So I put in new batteries (twice) and I re-paired twice. I actually had to go through the "is the sound off" procedure each time and it never went off resulting in a screen telling me this tv could not be paired. The other buttons such as left right and Netflix, etc buttons all worked just fine. Just not the Power and Volume.  So I went thru the pair a new resetting the remote by pressing the reset button in the battery compartment. The light started flashing and never paired and now NOTHING on the remote works. Ugh.  So I am assuming the remote is actually fine for the Roku device itself but somehow the tv dropped its list of TV's supported. Its a small kitchen size Dynex which works just fine with its remote. But now I can't even get the Roku remote to do anything! None of the buttons works since I used the reset feature. Stuck on "No Remote Found" screen and will not budge. So I unplugged the power to the Roku device and back on to get back to the normal Roku screen which it did fine. It did a short search of remote pairing and returned to the home screen as usual. Only the Power and volume buttons still do not work! Not sure what to do now.  I can only assume this TV is not longer supported?

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Power and Volume not responding.

Jump to solution

PS: There was never an option to actually type in a name brand for my TV as someone had suggested.