Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Roku® Remote- RC463 with other models Roku device

Jump to solution

Can the new Roku remote RC 463 be used with other older models of Roku Players, such as the Roku 3 or Steaming Stick+.  Specifically for utilizing the app programmable shortcuts and the TV power and volume controls?

0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku® Remote- RC463 with other models Roku device

Jump to solution

@Lee2  Thanks for the question. Supported Roku device models are listed next to each remote on our accessories page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

While some remotes may work in part with other device models, we do not support or guarantee functionality for models that are not denoted as compatible with that specific remote. We'd recommend purchasing a remote that is stated to be compatible with your model of Roku device. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Use the first remote to make it through the settings> remote & devices> pair a new device> remote

If you don't have another remote controlling the stick+, unplug it from the power and plug it back in, start pressing the pairing key in the battery compartment when you see the roku start bouncing, once it stops bouncing release the pairing button for a sec, and start pressing again stop when its confirmed its paired. 

One the remote controls the stick+, do a voice search, if you like the results, press and hold 1 or 2 key to memorize the voice prompt. 

Edmund

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you for your help, worked well.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

It will pair with roku 3 can't say for sure if you can program the 1 & 2 keys with it. I can say for sure you can pair and program the 1 & 2 keys with Stick+. I have one programmed to my Roku Tcl Tv. The programming of the 1 & 2 keys stay with device, I moved my remote to other roku programmed the 1 & 2 keys to see if it worked, once I move it back to TCL tv, it still knows my 1 & 2 commands from before. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@Lee2  Thanks for the question. Supported Roku device models are listed next to each remote on our accessories page here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

While some remotes may work in part with other device models, we do not support or guarantee functionality for models that are not denoted as compatible with that specific remote. We'd recommend purchasing a remote that is stated to be compatible with your model of Roku device. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you for your response.  can I ask how you programmed the Stick +  with the RC 463 remote, what would be the steps to program it for the Stick +  that won't remove the programming for the firstTV/Device?  Were the 1 + 2 keys programmed for the same commands as on the first TV?  Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Use the first remote to make it through the settings> remote & devices> pair a new device> remote

If you don't have another remote controlling the stick+, unplug it from the power and plug it back in, start pressing the pairing key in the battery compartment when you see the roku start bouncing, once it stops bouncing release the pairing button for a sec, and start pressing again stop when its confirmed its paired. 

One the remote controls the stick+, do a voice search, if you like the results, press and hold 1 or 2 key to memorize the voice prompt. 

Edmund

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you for your help, worked well.

0 Kudos